VOGONS

First post, by Mortis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I solved my own problem but I guess I'm posting in the interest of my joystick maybe working in future versions of Dosbox.

Bought a Logitech Attack 3 tonight, set it up fine, working in windows (Vista 32 bit).
Would not respond in dosbox 0.73, not in X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Chuck Yeager's Air Combat, nothing.
It showed up in the console as recognized and correctly identified.
I tried everything from 2axis, 4axis, auto, timing true, timing false, swap34, etc, always got same result (no response from stick or any buttons, sometimes random slow pulling to a diagonal unaffected by stick in any way).

Finally found this:
http://www.reloaded.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3283
And sure enough it just worked straight away in 0.65.

Afterwards I checked again in these forums and found the bit about setting "default for old programs" and the alternate SDL.DLL, neither of those helped 0.73.

Anyway that's my experience, I feel like sound's a bit wonky in .65 and it'd just be nice to have a single dosbox installation so I'd like to see this fixed. Not to sound ungrateful, with all the joy I've got from dosbox what's a few pulled out hairs :P

Let me know if there's any more information I can give.

Reply 6 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It's now in the user folder. Details in the readme.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper