VOGONS

First post, by echdarees

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there guys,

I sincerely hope I won't clog this part of the forum with my [perhaps] unrelated posting but I think my question has more to do with dev [instead of a genuine problem]...

Here it goes : it's just a simple q : I'm utterly insanely amazed with the sheer power of DosBox. To be honest : I never could've dreamt anything like it and it still is my 2nd fav piece of soft [after Total Commander 😉 ].
ScummVM is sitting on a tight 3rd spot and I was wondering : are there any plans in using their scalers for this project?
This isn't a request nor some useless begging but I am just curious 😀 Who said it again : be happy with everything you're getting and all that follows, is just icing on the cake :-]

thanks for any feedback,
/echdarees

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

You can't speak of their scalers i think
They used it from other projects as well. (I assume)

We have no intentions at the moment to add them ourself. But if you submit a patch which adds the "missing" scalers. we will probably add them.

But if we are bored from crazy cpu bugs and horrible pharlab extenders we might add them ourself, but it has no priority

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 3, by echdarees

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Snover : it's just that Scale2x was THAT good that 'forced' me to pose the prev question 😉

Seriously : that TV filter gives it a special "look" that's hard to describe. Just give it a go for anyone interested...
And my apologies for asking that q Qbix : you're right : I'd better do some effort and try to add them myself...
/me rushes off to download the sources of ScummVM and Dosbox :-]

with kind regards,
/echdarees