VOGONS

First post, by Fulano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First of all, let me congratulate the DOSBox team for their great work! Nearly all the old games that I have tried run very well, and I have really enjoyed reliving some classic experiences.

However, I am having a problem with Kingmaker (Avalon Hill). The cursor appears to be offset to the right of where it should be. That is, in order to select a block of text at the beginning of the game, I have to click on a point about one-fourth to one-half of the screen width to the right of the text. The vertical positioning of the cursor appears to be fine--there's just a large horizontal offset to the right. This makes it practically impossible to click on the starting cities (which are small dots) when setting up my faction.

Help!

(I have not tried the CVS to see if it works there.)

Fulano de Tal

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It could be fixed.

There were more problems with the mouse. (you could move it out of the screen)

mouse click came not where you clicked.
I fixed quite a lot of them lately. So the game might work with the current CVS
I don't know.

But changes are quite good that the next version of dosbox runs it.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Fulano However, I am having a problem with Kingmaker (Avalon Hill). The cursor appears to be offset to the right of where it should be.

Have you tried running it in your native OS? (whatever that may be...)

I had it running in XP just fine:
showthread.php?threadid=1181&highlight=Kingmaker

Reply 3 of 4, by Fulano

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Qbix: Thanks for the quick reply. I eagerly await the next release (as always, since the early days at Zophar's domain).

Nicht: I'm running Win98SE. It gives me the error "Out of (Base) Memory" shortly after startup.

Fulano de Tal

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Fulano I'm running Win98SE. It gives me the error "Out of (Base) Memory" shortly after startup.

Then it sounds like you need to free up more conventional memory. You might consider using a "Multi-config" configuration in your autoexec.bat and config.sys

If you have the right type of hardware, UMBPCI.SYS might help...