VOGONS

First post, by Sheng Long Gradilla

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello.

I compiled DOSBox 0.60 and tried it. I tried to run Ultima 5 with the music add-on from [url]http://exodus.voyd.net,[/url] and had no luck. When I run ultima5.com (this one loads the MIDI driver and then runs ultima.exe), there is an error telling me it can't load the MIDI driver. The test program for the MIDI driver works, though. Now, if I run ultima.exe (which doesn't load the MIDI driver), it shows the intro, but shortly after, DOSBox exits with an error. I tried different versions of DOSBox. Here are the error messages:

0.60: "Exit to error: Unhandled CPU opcode"
0.58: "Exit to error: an unsupported feature"

ultima.exe works fine with DOSBox 0.50, though, but not ultima5.com.

I did some extensive testing with 0.50. If I run ultima5.com first and then ultima.exe, I get this error:
"CPU:Out Of Bounds interrupt
EXIT:CPU:Opcode 67 Unhandled"

Yet, if I do things a bit different with 0.50... if I run midpak.com and then ultima.exe (without ever running ultima5.com), I get this error:
"EXIT:CPU:GRP5:Illegal Call 38"

Running ultima.exe in 0.50 always works perfectly if I haven't executed midpak.com nor ultima5.com.

It works fine without the add-on in any version I tried (0.50, 0.58 and 0.60), but I like it to have music 😜

There, that's it. I hope it is of some help. If you need further testing, I'll be right here 😉

- Sheng Long Gradilla

Reply 1 of 1, by sel666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

this problem is annoying and i'd also appreciate any assistance. and by the way why is there no vga patch for ultima 5? it seems odd it hasnt received as much as attention as ultima 4 as i always thought it superior.

regards

Sel.