Rank

can't wait to use that with Mortal Kombat once I get hang of it

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperDave341?feature=mhee

My Youtube Channel for PC/DOS Gameplays, Mortal Kombat and Glitch Related Video

Reply 22 of 25, by ivangi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry to bother, but I've got another issue, this time with the korean game "Pee and Gity special": with DOSShark search function I think I've found the memory adresses of player 1 and 2 life counters (1byte 02D496 and 02D498); now, when I activate the code in single for player 1 OR player 2, it actually works, e.g. the lives are set to 9. But if I try to activate two codes in 2 player co-op mode or after pressing start button for 2nd player in single player mode, only 1 player has its life count increased: he is the one activated first, and not both of them as I want. Is this some sort of bug or what else?

Reply 23 of 25, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hadn't seen this until now. It reminds me of the Dwarf Therapist utility for Dwarf Fortress.

You ought to make the memory offset configurable in an XML or INI file instead of hard-coding it in a .h file.

I've had some success getting GameWizard Pro (a similar utility from the DOS days that runs *inside* of DOSBox) working in DOSBox, so I might stick with that if I need memory-scanning/patching abilities for DOSBox.

Reply 24 of 25, by aqrit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Since dosbox is FOSS
Instead of having Dosbox allocating Membase using the "new" operator...

Allocate it as a mem-map...
CreateFileMapping(-1,...) & MapViewOfFile or mmap(MAP_ANON|MAP_SHARED) on linux?

then any external process could map those physical memory pages directly into their address space, by name, with no performance penalties.
and there will be no question about the address of MemBase across different builds.