VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is a question about an application, not a game, so there may not be any solution to the problem I'm asking about. But if there is a setting in the conf file that might fix it, I would be very glad to hear about it.

WordPerfect for DOS 6.x can switch between text mode and graphics mode for editing text. You switch by pressing Ctrl-F3, then G to switch to graphics mode or T to switch to text mode.

Under DOSBox, when I press Ctrl-F3, then g, WordPerfect switches into graphics mode, and then the string "ggggggggggg" gets typed into the window, and continues until I press a key. If I press Ctrl-F3, then t, WordPerfect switches into text mode, and the string "tttttttt" gets typed into the editing window until I press a key.

This occurs with vgaonly and vesa* modes; sometimes it doesn't occur the first time I press Ctrl-F3, then G or T, but it almost always happens the second time.

Is there any existing setting that might fix this? Again, I know that this is not something that DOSBox was written to do, so I understand if there is no fix and never will be.