VOGONS

Dosbox for Android OS

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 64, by PerfectReign

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for this thread.

I have DosBox (DOSBox Turbo) running fine on my Samsung Galaxy SII with the SDL virtual keyboard. (I am having an issue with Windows 3.1 but that's something I'll get to.)

I cannot seem to get any version of DOSBox to recognize a virtual keyboard on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7". I have tried aDOSBox, anDOSBox and DOSBox Turbo.

Any ideas??

kai
www.perfectreign.com

remember - a turn signal is a statement, not a request

Reply 61 of 64, by Xelasarg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hard to say. May be an issue with your tablet, but that's impossible to tell from here.
Best ask the AnDOSBox and/or DOSBox Turbo dev, both are very helpful.

"What's a paladin?!"

Reply 62 of 64, by PerfectReign

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you.

I looked on the DosBox Turbo site. They suggested use another keyboard. I installed the Hacker's Keyboard - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id … tion.pckeyboard

This now works. My next issue is simply with Windows - the Program Groups are not loading. I think I need to map C: better or change my win.ini file. (It has been a long times since I ran Windows 3.1.

I need to find one of my old copies of Win 3.11 for networking or figure how to load OS/2 on this.

Attachments

kai
www.perfectreign.com

Reply 63 of 64, by PerfectReign

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yea!

I hace my 1994 point-of-sale application now working.

Attachments

kai
www.perfectreign.com

Reply 64 of 64, by yogendrasingh4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've read the various topics on mapping joystick functions to keystrokes, and most of them recommend using the mapper that came with your joystick. That's fine with me. However, I have a general question about the DosBox Mapper that I can't find answered anywhere, and so here's a simple example...

How would you map a button or key to produce the ">" greater-than key in the DosBox Mapper?

This involves pressing two keys, the shift and the comma. I can't figure out a way, using the DosBox mapper utility, to map anything to this combo. I can't get the "EVENT" field to show the equivalent of "key_>" although there is oddly a "<" less-than key already on the keyboard layout. This same problem would apply to other shifted-keystrokes, such as "+" or for any capital letter such as "W".