VOGONS

First post, by nuclear0508

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GliDOS lets me play Tomb Raider I in a very high quality 3D graphics.
But it requires VDMSound that seems buggy for me.
Is there a plan to make Dosbox a 3DFX emulator.

Reply 2 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IF this WAS to happen then it would have to outsource the graphics to OGL for both *nix & Windows compatibility. Obviously this is not even clost to a priority or even close to being on the list in any way. There is still ALLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of work left to be done.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 9, by White Dust

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would hope not. Old games are ment to be pixelised, if all would be smoothen by a OpenGL/MesaGL api it wouldn't be the same game any more...

If I would play a game like Doom then I whant to see a pixelised game

Reply 7 of 9, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would hope not. Old games are ment to be pixelised, if all would be smoothen by a OpenGL/MesaGL api it wouldn't be the same game any more...

I would normally agree. I don't like to make pixels more "smooth" when I play older games. I have those kind of filters off. However, in this case we are talking about Glide support. Glide is a 3D hardware API and OpenGL is a 3D hardware API. There wouldn't be any big difference.

So we aren't talking about pixelated 2D games, but about the early 3D hardware games.

Reply 9 of 9, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I vote for emulating the silicon, snagging the Glide emulation written for MAME by Aaron Giles (with his permission of course). People with slow machines, be damned. 😀

....yes, that includes me...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto