VOGONS

IPF support

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 70, by Kirben

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
NewRisingSun wrote:

Unless you have actual IPF files of protected PC games, no, but you're welcome to try DOSBox-TC with Kryoflux stream files (converted to .TC via included utilities).

Where can I find DOSBox-TC?

Reply 62 of 70, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I'd like to know as well, please 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 63 of 70, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But can you run Windows binaries? I'm unable to produce a source diff at the moment (which is why I only send out the binary privately, because posting it publicly would require me to post source code as well, license-wise).

Last edited by NewRisingSun on 2016-03-01, 17:58. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 64 of 70, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, I can through VM and/or Wine.
(License wise you could be challenged either way for the code, btw 😉)

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 65 of 70, by NewRisingSun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PM sent. What prevents me from posting a source diff is that I am working on several things at once on the same code base. I know it's bad practice, and at some point I will eventually get to untangling the various changes into several source diffs. 😉

Reply 66 of 70, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yeah, I know that problem well 😉

Reply 68 of 70, by bsmith1702

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A while ago I got a copy of your build of DOSBox-TC from Collector on the Sierra Help Pages forum (I go by notbobsmith there). It works great and I've gotten several games from my Kryoflux dumps to work on it. I recently got a new game which appears to have copy protection, but this time I've been unable to get it to work. I can mount the image, but it causes DOSBox to hang when I try to run it. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take a look at it and give me a hand. Thanks. I've attached the file for the image that I created. The raw dump is here: [link removed by Dominus]

Reply 69 of 70, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please do not attach or link to copyrighted material here. If someone is interested in helping they may contact you.