VOGONS

First post, by Archy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't really know where to post bugs relating to "plain/vanilla/clean SVN builds" even after reading this so I'll just post here and if this is an inappropriate location, please redirect to where I need to go to appropriately post such information.

Anyways, in DOSBox SVN r3827, Mounting symlinkd (symbolic link) directories doesn't work.

Example:
"mount c c:\dos" (where "c:\dos" is actually "c:\somethingelse\dos" by using the cmd command "mklink /d c:\dos c:\somethingelse\dos") doesn't work in DOSBox SVN r3827 but works just fine in DOSBox-0.74

System:
Windows 7 64 bit, NTFS drive.

Also, do the developers look at their comments?

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The developers are not posting there on emucr, so I bet they are not reading there 😉
A new topic in the developement forum would have been best

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Maybe a mod will split your post. In my dealings with development it is better to open a new thread for a new bug. Piling everything in one thread only makes it one pile everyone wants to forget.
There is also the bug tracker on sourceforge.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Split.

I've also updated the first post of the SVN builds thread to add some new direction on posting SVN issues. The DOSBox devs didn't used to like getting public feedback on SVN builds, but it's been so long since 0.74 was released that they seem to have relaxed a bit (and/or wd has been on vacation from the forums; I like to imagine that he got married and is now too happy with life to bother writing grumpy posts on a video game forum).