How to compile SVN on OS X in 32bit

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

it's STILL not using the arch.

Please, open a new terminal window or tab, cd to your dosbox folder and do ONLY this (just copy paste into terminal)

export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
export CC='/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -arch i386'
export CXX='/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch i386'
export GCOV='/usr/bin/gcov-4.2 -arch i386'
./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-sdltest --disable-alsatest --with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local32
make clean
make

if it fails give me again the config log

(out of interest, nothing to do with the problem, is this in a VM? config log says that only 1GB of primary memory is there but two processors - that makes me think it'S a VM 😀)

Reply 21 of 27, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quick question: What is the effect of these switches for ./configure:

--disable-sdltest --disable-alsatest

I followed your instructions on Lion, adding these switches to the ones you told me about earlier, and the resulting executable seems to work well, but I'm curious about the purpose of it. Don't waste time answering if you have better things to do (as you probably do).

Reply 22 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It just passes an sdl and alsa test (alsa is a linux audio system). Nothing to worry about and nothing important 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 23 of 27, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

alsa is a linux audio system

... and the cause of insoluble problems in my efforts to get sound working in DOSEMU (not DOSBox) under modern Linux distributions that use alsa instead of OSS... :sad:

Reply 24 of 27, by vanfanel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Dominus: It worked at last! No problems with dynamic cpu, either 😀
I had to rebuild aind reinstall 32bit libsdl as well, following your exact exports (as root).

Oh, and this is not a VM! It's a Macbook I got back in 2007. GMA graphics model, now dirty and with damaged case.. jeez, even my Amiga 1200 has aged better than this one.

Reply 25 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yay!!!!

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 26 of 27, by vanfanel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I made SWAP_CONTROL true in the sources (for SDL_GL) to avoid tearing, adjusted the refresh rate to exactly 60HZ in vga_draw.c, then defined an exact 60.00HZ in OSX and got Jazz Jackrabbit running smooth as silk with dynamic cpu at 20000 cycles 😁

Just to let you know your help was put into good use, saving planet Carrotus from the evil turtles.

Reply 27 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Thanks for letting me know