VOGONS

First post, by Daniel (Sweden)

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Folks!

Dosbox 060 is the best version this far, almost all my old games works perfectly - my compliments on this version.
There is still one problem left though that I had in earlier versions, and that is that the mouse double click. In most games this is no big deal, but in games like Dungeon Master its a little more obvious.
I dont know if it might be my operativsystem that causes this. I had the same problem in dosbox on my old computer. Im using a Swedisch version of Win98 and Win2000 and I have the same problem in both OS. I know I have posted about this problem, but Im sorry to say that its still there.
Is this a more general problem or is it unusual? This might be my no.1. wish if there is a wishing list. I hope its not to advanced (I know very little of computers myself).
But once again: This version of Dosbox is terrific, it feels close to perfect. My compliments again!

Thank in advance!

yours / Daniel (Sweden)

Reply 1 of 7, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I agree completely with this post.

Dosbox 060 is a truly excellent piece of software. It is a shame this double-click problem still persists.

Unfortunately, I have found dungeon master to be effectively unplayable due to the double-click problem.
Even if you use the keys to move around the dungeon, it is still difficult to pick obects up and put them in the character inventories.
Searching the Dungeon master forums - I also see several other people experiencing this problem.
I did complete dungeon master in real DOS mode a couple of years back though, so I know that some real DOS mouse drivers do work with it fine.

As Daniel from Sweden mentioned, this is certainly at the top of my wish-list for things to be fixed. Otherwise, I'm very happy and grateful for what the DosBox project has achieved so far.

Regards,
benkid77 (UK)

Reply 2 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I personally wouldn't call it a shame.
But maybe me not being a native speaker makes me interpret your words in a wrong way.

Anyway The problem is fixed in the cvs.

The misbehavior was caused by the mouse event que which was processed as a stack in stead of queue. This is correct by inserting new values at the front instead of at the back (so that the longest item in queue is processed the first)

why did it go wrong ?
if you move your mouse a move mouse event is stored with no buttons pressed
when you then press a butoon a button press event is stored as well.
the problem was that the button event was handled first
and then the mousemove event. (which had no button pressed so it was considered a mouse release!!!!!!!!.)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 7, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Thanks very much for the info, and thanks again for taking the time to fix the problem. I'm sure this will make a lot of Dungeon Master fanatics like myself very happy. I look forward to downloading the fixed version,
Regards,
benkid77

Reply 4 of 7, by Daniel (Sweden)

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I just wanted to show my gratitude to! Thanks for your time, and that you fixed the problem. Im really looking forward to the CVS of Dosbox.

Thanks again!

Yours / Daniel (Sweden)

Reply 5 of 7, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just another quick note to say that I have now succesfully compiled the CVS and have made a fixed win32 binary. It is working perfectly with Dungeon Master. Thanks again for solving this issue!
benkid77

Reply 6 of 7, by benkid77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just another quick note to say that I have now succesfully compiled the CVS and have made a fixed win32 binary. It is working perfectly with Dungeon Master. Thanks again for solving this issue!
benkid77

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

no problem.
Dungen master is fine now. Dune 2 probably as well.
I only tried dungeon master but the problem was generic.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!