VOGONS

Reply 20 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Did you place that dylib in /opt/local/lib?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 88, by ykhwong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Every dynamic library files are located in ./LIBS directory. I am going to make those libs static later like Dominus does.

This might be simple. Before running dosbox, type:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="./LIBS/"

Reply 22 of 88, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

Did you place that dylib in /opt/local/lib?

Thanks, found the dylib file in request at the location "/opt/X11/lib/",
copied it into the location you wrote above, but next file in request is:

dyld: Library not loaded: libtbb.dylib

which is located in the root folder of the Daum Café build.

Thanks, Ykhwong, tried your suggestion using

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="./LIBS/"

Tried "export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/Volumes/LaCie/Emulatoren/DOSBox/Daum Cafe/20130725_Intel_i386/LIBS"
and "export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/Volumes/LaCie/Emulatoren/DOSBox/Daum Cafe/20130725_Intel_i386" as well,
but to no avail. It's just another try for me, I don't want to complain. 😉

Your statement

ykhwong wrote:

I am going to make those libs static later like Dominus does.

sounds very promising to me.

Klimawandel.

Reply 23 of 88, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The current build is no longer working for me.
The same build was working fine previously, but the other day I reformatted my computer and did a clean install of Mavericks to replace the OX I'd been doing upgrade installs of since Tiger.

Now, when I run ./dosbox, I just get a "Bus Error 10" error in the terminal and a dialog box saying dosbox crashed.

The only other difference is that I now have Xcode installed.

Reply 24 of 88, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is basically the reason why my dosbox ppa only uses the mt32 patch. I'm not at all confident of the patches continuing to (auto)compile when dosbox goes forward (even at the glacial pace it now has) even if i manage to wrangle a larger patchset into compiling.

Never mind the calamity it will be if dosbox eventually (like it should) adopt SDL2.0

Reply 26 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Because many of those patches are things that the devs don't want to add

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 27 of 88, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Speaking of faults, the Tandy DAC has been broken in Daum for years and the memsizekb has never worked.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 28 of 88, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone know whether or not ykhwong intends to continue development of DOSBox SVN Daum? I'm really missing his updated builds. DOSBox-X in particular has come along way in the past six months but it doesn't have some of the features I rely on, such as the Direct3D plugin. Daum had it all, though. It's really the best unofficial build out there right now that I know of.

Reply 30 of 88, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I install Dosbox Daum 2014 01 27 on my second PC - Athlon XP 3200 with Nforce2 Mainboard.

But it did not run... i doubleclick Dosbox.exe and the Window pops up and closes.

And i don't have a Folder "local settings/applicatiob settings/dosbox like on the pc where dosbox works.

Both PC are WinXP SP3

Reply 31 of 88, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sammy wrote:
I install Dosbox Daum 2014 01 27 on my second PC - Athlon XP 3200 with Nforce2 Mainboard. […]
Show full quote

I install Dosbox Daum 2014 01 27 on my second PC - Athlon XP 3200 with Nforce2 Mainboard.

But it did not run... i doubleclick Dosbox.exe and the Window pops up and closes.

And i don't have a Folder "local settings/applicatiob settings/dosbox like on the pc where dosbox works.

Both PC are WinXP SP3

Hmmmm ... I didn't have that problem running that version on Windows 7 / 8.1 ... but I didn't end up using it very much due to a strange problem with dual S3 graphics adapters showing up when running a Windows 95 guest. I sent a bug report to ykhwong about it; he asked for a copy of my DOSBox conf file and I gave it to him. That was the last I heard from him. I went back to using Daum from Nov 13, 2013 after that.

Reply 33 of 88, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The last working Version is May 06 2013 for me...

With newer Versions i can start games in Windows95 with Hardware Acceleration, but for Example when the Race starts in Colin McRae i just get sound und LCD goes off with "Signal out of Range".

In the Log i see that Dosbox switches to a Resolution of 640:560....

Last working Version 06 May 2013 switches to a Resolution of 640x480 and i get a Picture.

Can that be fixed somehow ?

Reply 34 of 88, by Kisai

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The last working "vanilla" version of dosbox that would compile and run on 64-bit windows would only work with the simple core. I made it work by disabling the other cores because of the assembly code. However this isn't future-proofed at all.

Microsoft may remove the 32-bit libraries at some point, because that is what they did with the 16-bit libraries with the 64-bit version. Likewise Apple has done similar with PowerPC on OSX, and may do the same if they ever decide to switch to their own ARM chips. FreeBSD and Linux also don't install the 32-bit libraries by default.

As for what Dosbox should emulate, I think Dosbox only needs to emulate enough for all pre-pentium/pre-Windows95 hardware used in games. If it can emulate Windows 95 in 256 color mode, that's all it really needs, because that's what Windows 7 and later no longer support correctly, and can't support windowed.

Reply 35 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It will be years before the 32bit is eliminated by MS...

Reply 39 of 88, by sev7en

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good afternoon,
sorry but... where can I download the latest builds compiled for Windows for DOSBox SVN Daum? I looked around everywhere but I see only the source and the last build I found is January.

Kindly