VOGONS

First post, by kumijorma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have used MT-32 emulation for some games with DOSBox and it worked fantastically with 0.74.

After installing SVN Daum Build 02052013, I noticed that MT-32 emulation did not work in the following games:
- Accolade Summer Challenge
- Accolade Winter Challenge

Filename
DOSBox Error.JPG
File size
48.29 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File comment
Error given by the both games.
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

So, I decided to update my SVN Daum installation to 07252013 and had another look.

- No luck.

Then I read that Munt had come around. First thing I did was to set things properly: setting "mt32" as midi device via config file and placing ROMS to the root folder, because it was told that Munt was included in the SVN Daum.

- No luck, but MT-32 emulation was working with other games perfectly.

I even tried to install Munt separately.

Then I looked at the console output with Munt installed separately or just DOSBox set up properly.

- Yes, MT-32 was initialized.

Then I came here and read the rules. I needed to confirm this problem with a Vanilla Build, so I tried EmuCR Dosbox r3833.

Just to make sure, I tested official 0.74 again:

- Perfect.

My conclusion is that something has gone wrong, since Vanilla Build has the issue just like SVN Daum has.

New Builds has some improvements with MT-32 emulation. Forumula One Grand Prix (Aka World Circuit) can finally output the car sounds when MT-32 has been selected via Installation. Crashes are not heard, though. Official 0.74 will only output strange whiny and belly sounds for F1GP if MT-32 emulation has been used.

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Did you adjust the config files of both daum and lock stock SVN built? They are both NOT using the config you set up for 0.74.
and can you describe "not working"?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 3, by kumijorma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Did you adjust the config files of both daum and lock stock SVN built? They are both NOT using the config you set up for 0.74.
and can you describe "not working"?

Yes, like I said, for other games supporting MT-32, everything went perfect.

bloodbat wrote:

Try lowering the cycles, MIDI code has changed on the latest SVN code and some games refuse to acknowledge MIDI devices if set too high (Day of the Tentacle comes to mind)

Thanks! That did the trick. Now I can hear MT-32 MIDI on both games again. (Forgot to say that with higher cycles, Sound Blaster MIDI worked normally.)