VOGONS

Ykhwong's Daum Build and OSX

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 69, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The wrapper has the same error.
It it something unique to your osx build. Official build, Dominus' SVN, and the win32 version of your build in wine all work fine.

Reply 61 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

that bus error comes straight away without any conf in ~/.dosbox ?
Because I can't confirm this as well (OS X 10.9.2 current dev beta) and the Activity Monitor doesn't show me anything odd for Taewoongs dosbox. Only pulling in normal system files, no others.

Edit: Hmm, tested it in my OS X 10.8 VM and there the bus error shows up. Maybe it is pulling in something only developers have on their system... let me check.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 62 of 69, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

$ ./dosbox
DOSBox version SVN-Daum
Copyright 2002-2013 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
Bus error: 10

A terminal icon appears for a second on the dock and then I get a "dosbox quit unexpectedly." dialog box.

I do have the latest Xcode installed. In fact, that is something new compared to my previous working Mavericks install.
The other changes include a change to (encrypted) SSD and 2x the ram (8gb).

Reply 63 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Do you have the developer command line utilities installed as well?
I couldn't find anything odd yet, why it fails for some and won't fail for others...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 64 of 69, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't recall specifically installing command line tools, but running clang from the terminal works.

The only thing I can think of is that it is depending on something that doesn't get installed by a clean mavericks install, but most users end up with after a few years. My previous OSX installation was from 2009 and continually updated.

Reply 65 of 69, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yeah, I thought about that as well ;(

Reply 66 of 69, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If there was a debug build that spit out reports to console as it initialised subsystems it could help track it down...

I've attached a crash log for now but it doesn't seem enlightening.

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.crash.zip
    File size
    11.52 KiB
    Downloads
    92 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 67 of 69, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Me, also the Developer Tools and XCode installed (thought, not using it, actually), but the 2014-01-25 version runs fine on my Mv install (10.9.1) . Thanks to Ykhwong, finally I got his port working. 😀

Klimawandel.

Reply 68 of 69, by Darklord42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just tried ykhwong's OSX build Jan. 25. 2015. The libraries are dynamically linked to the building computer's macports install.

Static link is an option or you can always use the dylibbundler tool on macports to scan the binary, copy all used dylibs and their dependencies to a folder of your choosing (maybe a lib subfolder) and then relink everything together relative to the binary. (in which case, use @executable_path/lib)

Reply 69 of 69, by dukzcry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 27.01.2014 is the latest build that works for me on 10.10. I'm giving a proper URL here, as its named incorrectly on official site, and hence it's impossible to get it: http://ykhwong.x-y.net/downloads/dosbox/_osx_ … 140127_i386.zip It's a static one.
More recent builds don't work here. 20150103_i386 fails on Yosemite due to linking against incompatible libstdc++, and 20150125_i386 is a dynamic build without necessary libs provided (the proper i386 version of libfluidsynth is a most hard-to-get thing).