VOGONS

First post, by Sir Thomas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody,

I am a frequent DosBox user, and for some games it would be really nice to have savestates so that you could save the RAM at any immediate point to the harddrive and then load these states later on. For action games, for example, it would be a real benefit.

Amiga and Atari ST emulators already possess this feature - alas - DosBox doesn't so far.

What I would like to know is this: Could such a feature be implemened in the next version of DosBox??

Many thanks for answering this - Sir Thomas 😀

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There is an inofficial once-wip - use the search

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

WIP=work in progress
Once because there is no progress 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 5, by sky66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sir Thomas wrote:

I am a frequent DosBox user, and for some games it would be really nice to have savestates so that you could save the RAM at any immediate point to the harddrive and then load these states later on. For action games, for example, it would be a real benefit.

Amiga and Atari ST emulators already possess this feature - alas - DosBox doesn't so far.

What I would like to know is this: Could such a feature be implemened in the next version of DosBox??

Try to use DOSBox SVN Daum builds
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/

it has been implemented for a long time...