VOGONS

First post, by rambo919

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Running Linux Mint

Sometimes it does not happen but mostly as soon as I press alt+enter for fullscreen the alt gets stuck and then every time I press enter the screen mode changes.

Reply 4 of 8, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Could be a faulty PS2/USB connection or your key switches don't get released after you press them. I'd open the keyboard up and have a look at it (maybe even deep clean it). Otherwise, if it's not an expensive keyboard, just buy a new one.

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Or look up if there is an issue of sdl with your distro and sticky meta keys

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Right alt can be special, dependibg on keyboard layout it can be seen as ctrl-alt for example.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 8, by NY00123

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know there's been a problem in Ubuntu with Unity where at least one of the Alt keys may be used for the HUD. However, as of Ubuntu 14.04, even if this is not a problem, Alt can still not be used all the time.

It can, however, be used once the mouse cursor gets locked (which, by default, can be done using the Ctrl+F10 key-combo). If the mouse cursor is not locked then for some reason Alt key press events aren't sent, although key *release* events are (at least when I last investigated that).