VOGONS

First post, by ankut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a place where I can download newest dosbox for windows CVS builds? I tried the forum mentioned in a post about CVS builds every 2 days, but upon registering I am unable to post anything and thus be able to download the builds since the confirmation email never comes (I had it resend several times and still nothing). I'd really like to be able to try out the newest changes without having to compile it myself...

Any Ideas?

Thank you

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hello ankut - Welcome to VOGONS. seen you around here for a couple of weeks now I think?

ankut wrote:

Any Ideas?

Yes, but you might not like them 😈

If the confirmation e-mail never arrives in your inbox, there can be only two reasons:

1. Something is screwy with your e-mail service.
  2. Something is fubar'ed on the site supposed to send you the e-mail.

If it is your e-mail service, do yourself a favour of fixing it, because there is a risk that it will cause you further problems down the road.

If it is a problem on the site, do the site-owner and anyone else seeking to down-load the builds, a favour by reporting the problem to the site-owner, and wait a couple of days for them to react.

If both options fails, send me a PM and I will try to help you out.
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Just an idea - perhaps some half-intelligent spam filter on your mailbox thinks that the confirmation mail is a spam. In that case look in your spam/bulk mail folder (or switch off automatic deleting of spam if you use it).

Mirek

Reply 4 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Eh? Was that the reply from the site admins? "We accept, but do not process Yahoo addresses, and we do not intend to change it"?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I do not use Yahoo, so I cannot tell, but it could also be Yahoo that does not accept e-mail from the site.

Oh - about the word assume - when trying to debug a problem, that is a very dangerous word. It is much better to confirm.
--
MiniMax - "Do not assume to much, since you risk making an ass of u and me."