VOGONS

What's planned for DosBox 0.75?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 27, by lightmaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Stiletto wrote:
You'd have to download each status page, remove anything Internet-Archive-related in the code, and then run a diff. I can't imag […]
Show full quote
lightmaster wrote:

Is there any method to compare those status pages?

You'd have to download each status page, remove anything Internet-Archive-related in the code, and then run a diff. I can't imagine Qbix updates that all that much between releases, but you never know. *shrug*

If you really want to see what's changed in SVN, you merely need to follow the log: https://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/HEAD/log/?path=
(and of course, it's relatively easy to compile your own)

Almost forgot those svn changes, thank you Stiletto.

25071588525_735097840e_b.jpg

Reply 23 of 27, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Out of interest, are there any plans to implement line by line drawing for VGA/SVGA into mainline Dosbox? The reason I ask is that judging by behaviour in some of the forks (Daum, Dosbox-X), some games need this in order to avoid colour glitches (Frontier: First Encounters, The 7th Guest, to name two).

Reply 24 of 27, by truemaster

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

a new stable version of dosbox is something we wait a long, for good reason i believe. heres what i thing its good for a new version
1 emulate a cpu gpu set so the most demanding dos game can run ok.
2 work the dos enviroment good so all games to be compatible
3 a feature from daum svn's the glide emulation
there are some people that found that some certain daum svn's can emulate an os it self (win 3.11 95 98 me) well that not the goal here.

Reply 25 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

1 and 2 already work in 0.74. There will ALWAYS be incompatibilities. There is no perfect emulation same as there was no perfect DOS PC.
3. glide emulation is by kekko, and was just added to Daum. Credit where credit is due 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 26 of 27, by truemaster

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

sure no emulator is 100% compatible, but there is always room for improvements. about the real pc dos not be perfect, some older games have problem with newer rigs such us fast cpu or more than x amount of ram. but with dosbox you can set ram cpu type and cpu cycles amount as you see fit. im no expert im simple saying