VOGONS

First post, by dgerst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using Dosbox/Win 3.1 to run software (Radiomax) which controls my radio scanner via a usb/serial adapter. Everything works fine except obviously audio recording. I was just wondering if there was enough desire for SB audio input support out there to consider implementing it in the next build.
Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I guess you are referring to audio input from external sources, such as line-in or microphone. From what I've read, SDL does not implement audio input in its latest version, much less in the older version used by DOSBox. PortAudio might be useful for implementing the feature, if some developer is interested enough to try, but it seems likely to remain in the province of unofficial builds.

Reply 2 of 5, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://abbs.qsnx.net/?goto=scanner might this help? I don't see a DL Link but a short mail to him might help.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 3 of 5, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been interested in DOSBox support of mic / line-in for a while to support audio based eyecandy software (Cthugha, Color Fusion, some others). First posted about it in 2013, so I'd guess it still won't be happening any time soon.

Eyecandy: Turn your computer into an expensive lava lamp.