VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some years ago, with the help of Dominus, Qbix, and others I figured out how to use the Mac Cmd key in mapper-key combinations for OS X on the Mac (for example, Cmd-Enter to toggle between windowed and full-screen mode).

I thought it would be easy to use the same technique to assign the Win key to mapper handlers under Windows, but I've wasted an hour trying it and not getting it to work.

Has anyone got the Win key to become available to the mapper, and if so, could you give some clue about how you did it? I'll be very grateful.

Reply 1 of 2, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, I should have figured this out earlier. Here's how to make MMOD3 be the Windows key for mapper assignments.

1. in mapper.h, below the lines that read "#define MMOD1 0x1" etc., add the line:

#define MMOD3 0x4

2. in sdl_mapper.cpp, below the line that reads "sprintf(buffer,"mod_2 \"key %d\"",SDLK_LALT);CreateStringBind(buffer);", add these two lines:

sprintf(buffer,"mod_3 \"key %d\"",SDLK_LMETA);CreateStringBind(buffer);
sprintf(buffer,"mod_3 \"key %d\"",SDLK_RMETA);CreateStringBind(buffer);

And now you can use MMOD3 to represent the Win key in mapper assignments.

Nothing like asking a question to make oneself figure out the answer...

Reply 2 of 2, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i just "usescancodes=false" in config files, then i redifne MOD into "Menu Button" (the key that left of the Right-Ctrl Key), and unbind Ctrl & Alt keys from MOD_#.
That free a lot of conflicting keypress between internal dosbox definition with some dos program.

-fffuuu