VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Probably there's a very good reason why the devs labeled the mapper buttons mod1, mod2, mod3, instead of Ctrl, Alt, Opt, Cmd, Win, Meta, etc. But in case there isn't a reason, here's a patch that labels the buttons in a user-friendly way, with different labels used for WIN32, MACOSX, and anything else. It might make things easier for beginners, but maybe it messes things up in ways I don't understand - and if it does mess things up, I know the devs will be in their rights to delete it.

It's based on current SVN.

EDIT: After reading ripsaw8080's reply below, I've removed the patch. If anyone wants it for use on a system where you won't change the mod1, etc., mappings, and you're sure it won't cause more problems than it's worth, please PM me.

Last edited by emendelson on 2016-05-05, 13:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

A) The modifier events are distinct from Ctrl and Alt events, so labelling them the same makes that distinction less than clear.

B) The modifier events don't have to be mapped to Ctrl, Alt, etc., that's just their default mapping. They can be mapped to any key, and can even be mapped to multiple keys.