VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've put together a complete (but somewhat messy) Visual Studio build environment for DOSBox SVN, in case it helps someone else get started with the code in the way that I got started years ago when TeaRex generously gave me a copy of his build environment.

It includes a current copy of SVN source (r3981) and all libraries needed to build DOSBox. The only change from SVN is in the visualc_net folder, where I've modified the properties files so that they point to the included library/include folders.

To build SVN in VS 2010, just launch dosbox.sln. At most, you may need to change the Platform Toolset setting in the Configuration Properties to whatever is installed in your system. This should also work in VS 2013.

To build in VS 2015, copy dosbox - VS2015.vcxproj to dosbox.vcxproj and dosbox - VS2015.sln to dosbox.sln, and launch dosbox.sln. Again, you may need to change the Platoform Toolset setting to whatever is installed in your system. The properties settings in this version point to copies of SDL and libpng bult with VS2015.

I hope someone finds this useful. It's a 25MB file, so I may not host it forever, but anyone is welcome to copy it and host it anywhere else. And I know that there are more files in there than are really necessary, and I may try to reduce the bulk somewhat. I use Tortoise SVN to update SVN, but presumably any tool can do the job.

Tested with VS2010 under 32-bit Windows 7 and VS2015 under 64-bit Windows 10.

Download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/271144/DO … -Environment.7z

EDIT: Got it reduced to around 25MB, but it could probably still be smaller.

Reply 1 of 2, by Azarien

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can safely delete
visualc_net\dosbox.sdf
visualc_net\dosbox.vc.db

Those files are huge and can be automatically recreated when the project is first opened.

Also .svn hidden folder is of no use (if someone wants to checkout new sources from svn, he still can).

That brings the archive down to 4,5 MB.