VOGONS

DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Topic actions

Reply 1480 of 1486, by morphinejh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Crysli wrote on 2022-06-12, 12:21:

Not sure if I have to post this here or in the PC speaker patch thread..
I found that in F-15 Strike Eagle II and F-117A the speech played when you start/complete a mission is corrupted and I think it's caused by that patch.
Sounds perfectly on vanilla DOSBox.

@Crysli

I tried this in Windows with DOSboxECE r4479 and DOSbox 0.74-3. While they do sound a little different - "Strike Eagle, cleared for take off" is clear in each. There is a high pitched frequency over top of both of them, like a squeal during the sentence; but you can hear the words relatively well. Do you have a reference audio of what you are hearing and what you expect?

My Settings:

[speaker]
pcspeaker = true
pcrate = 44100

Reply 1481 of 1486, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
realnc wrote on 2022-06-13, 18:08:

But the arm32 ("armhf") build unfortunately now lacks a dynamic CPU core. I will need to fix that.

The issue is that configure.ac only recognizes armv6l, armv7l and aarch64. However, host_cpu in this case is armv8l. That's still 32-bit ARM and the ARMV7LE dynamic core should be used.

I fixed it with:

--- a/configure.ac
+++ b/configure.ac
@@ -307,7 +307,7 @@ case "$host_cpu" in
c_targetcpu="m68k"
c_unalignedmemory=yes
;;
- armv7l)
+ armv7l | armv8l)
AC_DEFINE(C_TARGETCPU,ARMV7LE)
AC_MSG_RESULT(ARMv7 Little Endian)
c_targetcpu="arm"

The 32-bit ARM build should now be working fine.

Maybe this can be applied to SVN as well so it doesn't have to be carried as a patch in ECE?

Reply 1482 of 1486, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
morphinejh wrote on 2022-06-11, 03:20:

I believe there is an error with this code. I didn't realize until I was comparing r4479 to r4477. The code in that post is doing a direct comparison between two character arrays (const char*) using ==. This is undefined behavior as it is really just comparing the value of two pointers and not the string itself. If they were C++ string types it would work, but they appear to be simple character arrays.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll try adapting those changes (hopefully) in one of the next updates, if time permits it.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 1483 of 1486, by 7F20

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
realnc wrote on 2022-06-13, 19:22:
The issue is that configure.ac only recognizes armv6l, armv7l and aarch64. However, host_cpu in this case is armv8l. That's stil […]
Show full quote
realnc wrote on 2022-06-13, 18:08:

But the arm32 ("armhf") build unfortunately now lacks a dynamic CPU core. I will need to fix that.

The issue is that configure.ac only recognizes armv6l, armv7l and aarch64. However, host_cpu in this case is armv8l. That's still 32-bit ARM and the ARMV7LE dynamic core should be used.

I fixed it with:

--- a/configure.ac
+++ b/configure.ac
@@ -307,7 +307,7 @@ case "$host_cpu" in
c_targetcpu="m68k"
c_unalignedmemory=yes
;;
- armv7l)
+ armv7l | armv8l)
AC_DEFINE(C_TARGETCPU,ARMV7LE)
AC_MSG_RESULT(ARMv7 Little Endian)
c_targetcpu="arm"

The 32-bit ARM build should now be working fine.

Maybe this can be applied to SVN as well so it doesn't have to be carried as a patch in ECE?

Why can't you just use armv8l? I did so when I last compiled Retroarch on a Raspberry Pi 4 and it worked just fine and I can use dosbox core in that with dynamic core works fine for the past like 3 years now.

Reply 1484 of 1486, by realnc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
7F20 wrote on 2022-07-20, 15:39:

Why can't you just use armv8l? I did so when I last compiled Retroarch on a Raspberry Pi 4 and it worked just fine and I can use dosbox core in that with dynamic core works fine for the past like 3 years now.

This is not about libretro dosbox-core, it about vanilla dosbox . dosbox-core already uses armv8l.

Reply 1485 of 1486, by vorob

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys, i've tried recent build of dosbox ece and pixel perfect shader. It's not working. In command line i'm getting lots of these errors:

https://pastebin.com/9AFxAgSZ

Any idea? Shader use smth ECE doesn't support?

Reply 1486 of 1486, by morphinejh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vorob wrote on 2022-08-01, 19:27:

Guys, i've tried recent build of dosbox ece and pixel perfect shader. It's not working. In command line i'm getting lots of these errors:

https://pastebin.com/9AFxAgSZ

Any idea? Shader use smth ECE doesn't support?

I don't have any problems using pixel perfect shaders from here:
https://github.com/tyrells/dosbox-svn-shaders … r/interpolation

If I had to guess your configuration file is pointing to an incorrect file, or incorrectly formatted file. It is throwing syntax errors for "string literals". Can you point us to the shader file you are using?