VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 60 of 116, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I will send you a PM if I succeeded in such a build. May take some time as I'm busy.

Edit: So, I have been trying to compile dosbox+xbrz+sav in Visual Studio 2017, on and off, in the past few weeks. I have been able to compile the dependencies using DosFreak's compilation guide, but got stuck while building the dosbox solution. I have opened a discussion in xBRZ forum and trying to get help from zenju. Let's see where it goes. Also, I'm going through an intense music phase on home turf, so don't hold your breath.

Edit (01/04/18): Guess I have to give up, as I didn't receive further reply from Zenju. If anybody in this forum has compiled Zenju's dosbox build, please help. Otherwise, sorry ice700.

Last edited by gandhig on 2018-04-01, 09:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain

Reply 61 of 116, by ice700

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks a lot! sure take your time, i'm checking out this thread once in a while too see if there is come new cool build.

EDIT:
Thanks for your efforts Gandhig! let's see if Zenju can help! Anyways if it's too much complicated, just give up; your build is already great as it is!

Reply 62 of 116, by bshi02

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any chance of creating Debugger version of Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates ?
I really need Dosbox SVN r4019 which has its own savestate option and debugger..

https://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/bugs/477/?li … it=25#73ef/11d9

Reply 63 of 116, by zirkoni

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bshi02 wrote:

Is there any chance of creating Debugger version of Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates ?

Why don't you just try patching + compiling it yourself? It's not rocket science.

https://youtube.com/@zirkoni42

Reply 64 of 116, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
bshi02 wrote:

I really need Dosbox SVN r4019 which has its own savestate option and debugger..

You misunderstand that bug report. There is no savestate option in plain DOSBox. The bug report uses the game's save game option...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 65 of 116, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bshi02 wrote:

I found a debugger enabled build dated 02-Aug-17, maybe without bruenor41's fixes.

Attachments

• Filename
    SDL.rar
    File size
    139.59 KiB
    Downloads
    88 downloads
    File comment
    SDL dll's
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    dosbox_dbg.7z
    File size
    4.76 MiB
    Downloads
    90 downloads
    File comment
    dosbox svn r4019 + savestates with debugger. Maybe missing some features & probably not including bruenor41's fixes. Use it at your own risk
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo

Reply 66 of 116, by bruenor41

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe later we can try make save state patch up to date with future version 5000 or so. Adding mame cores is big change, but mame has save states option too I think, so I can look at this. For now nobody reported issues with save states + v4019. Seems to be stable

Reply 67 of 116, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bruenor41 wrote:

Maybe later we can try make save state patch up to date with future version 5000 or so. Adding mame cores is big change, but mame has save states option too I think, so I can look at this. For now nobody reported issues with save states + v4019. Seems to be stable

As long as you are ready to lead from the front 😀

I'm unable to shake off the music phase which I'm in, since last month. Well, the truth is, I don't want to. Every other fun activity has come to a stand-still and my complete focus is on native music. Hence, not much productivity can be expected from me, sorry 🙁 . But I can chip in now & then.

Reply 69 of 116, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oops!!!
Left ALT + F5 -> Save to current slot
Left ALT + F9 -> Load state from current slot
Left ALT + F6 -> Switch to previous slot
Left ALT + F7 -> Switch to next slot

Total saveslots : 10 (Slots in circular arrangement)

P.S.: Updated the first post.

Reply 70 of 116, by isamu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
gandhig wrote:
Oops!!! Left ALT + F5 -> Save to current slot Left ALT + F9 -> Load state from current slot Left ALT + F6 -> Switch to previous […]
Show full quote

Oops!!!
Left ALT + F5 -> Save to current slot
Left ALT + F9 -> Load state from current slot
Left ALT + F6 -> Switch to previous slot
Left ALT + F7 -> Switch to next slot

Total saveslots : 10 (Slots in circular arrangement)

P.S.: Updated the first post.

Thanks brother! 😀

Reply 72 of 116, by Rasek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I would like to thank you for all the work that you've done here. I appreciate a lot having a DosBox with save/restore feature.

I was wondering if there is any way to specify default folder for savestates.

For screenshots, I know that you can choose the folder typing something like this in the config file:
captures="D:\Games\Documents\Pics"

However, for savestates, I have not found how to change it...
Seems that the program takes the first part of "captures" folder and completes it this way:
D:\Games\Documents\Save

It would be great if there is any way to specify your desired folder for savestates,
instead of depending of captures path with the addition of "Save" instead of the folder name you chose (in this example, Pics)

Also I have noticed that in case you have a subfolder named "DosBox" within the "Save" folder,
no savestate is saved.

The DosBox status windows first says:

Save failed!

And after that:

State 2 saved!

But nothing is saved.

I would really appreciate to be able to specify a destination folder for savestates, just like for captures.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 73 of 116, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry for the late response. I will need a week or two to understand and make the changes. Also it will depend upon my knowledge level, obviously, as you may be knowing that “I’m not the author for any of the code”.

Reply 74 of 116, by Pistol Slap

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey mate this build is a lifesave for old apogee games but can I change the bind for the quicksave? I'm playing Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, and Alt is bound to "drop bomb" so every time I try to save he drops a bomb, of which there are limited. would be awesome if I could reassign the bind to something not used by the game.

Reply 75 of 116, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think you can do that. Keymapper is your solution.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 77 of 116, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nope. The keymapper is built-in. Just press Ctrl+F1 and there you go.

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 78 of 116, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The brilliant Spectrum emulator for the PSP, FUSE PSP, saves it's save states with a screenshot included, and when you go to the load/save screenshot page, it shows you the ten save slots, with each slot showing the screen shot if there is a save state in that slot, as two rows of five, and then you move to the slot you wish to load or save to, and press the correct button to load or to delete or to save the save state into the selected slot (you can of course save over an existing save-game if you choose).

Also, slot ten is special, in that it's an auto-load slot, so that if you load the game then if there's a saved snapshot in slot 10 then it's automatically loaded after the game is loaded. You can disable this if you like, but this might be a nice addition to DOSBOx, I think. Maybe with a "There is a save-state in the autoload slot for this game, would you like to load it now [Y]es/[N]o" message appearing after the game is first loaded.

Reply 79 of 116, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I took a shot at updating the bruenor patch with work with 4168, but had to give up after several hours of fiddling with it. The merging of the MAMEsound branch into the trunk in r4075 made massive changes to the way the sound is setup. Reworking the save state patch to work with the new design is well beyond my capabilities.