VOGONS

First post, by iob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello developers!

I would love to see a load / save button which save the actual gamestate and reloads it. There are so many old games without a decent save feature out there and some games always show you the death animation when you die and it takes ages till you can restart the mission ( i just encountered that in syndicate). I think it would be a very nice feature.

I just tried out dosbox to run some old games of mine and i was quite surprised how well they run (-:. Keep up the good work.

/iob

Reply 1 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

You are by far not the first one who came with that idea (save/load) here ... Search the forum. In short: it is not so trivial to do it and it is not priority.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 5, by iob

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

bah in fact i did a search before and didnt find anything regarding this topic. my guess is that its pretty trivial to dumb the memory to disk and relad it, but maybe not so easy if the game uses hard disk for swapping.

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

iob, you need to learn two things before you post again: 1) Show respect for the elders, 2) improve your search skills.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 5, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

anyways ... save/load could be great !!

Sorry for my poor english ! 😉 But, try to speak french like I'm speak english ! 😀 It's not easy !