VOGONS

First post, by Apreche

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I love dosbox, it works great. And I can finally play mechwarrior 2 after almost 10 years! But I can't play it full screen. I have to play it in a window. This is because I have two monitors and I run Linux with xinerama. If I press alt-enter the game still works, but it consumes both of my monitors This would be cool if both my monitors were the same, super wide screen! But the gap in-between the two screens and the differing resolutions really makes any game unplayable this way. It really shouldn't be so hard to make it so when dosbox goes full screen it only takes up the space on the monitor is currently occupies. If you followed the standards from freedesktop.org for coding this it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

and in case you forgot, DOSbox rules!

Reply 2 of 4, by Apreche

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Acorrding to the SDL website

http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/SDL12/do … s.html?rev=1.44

Xinerama is supported. I just don't think it works automatically. You might have to put in a couple of lines here or there to make sure that full screen shows up on a specific screen.

I know that mplayer supports xinerama and uses sdl. It works by a command line argument

mplayer -xineramascreen 0
mplayer -xineramascreen 1
etc.

Maybe a new config option for the linux version?

Reply 3 of 4, by Nologin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Same problem here - getting a DosBox window on the right scale (=bigger) only works with OpenGL for me, which is very slow on my PC. A Xinerama patch to put it fullscreen on only 1 screen would be perfect!