VOGONS

First post, by Nilex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First time trying the SVN thingy because I've hit a wall troubleshooting a game when this CUE problem arose straight away. CUE mounts fine in 0.74.
Since I am not following SVN development I've no idea if features are changed or removed but I am instructed to create a bug report post in here.

Error message

Could not load image file: file.CUE
MSCDEX: Failure: Invalid file or unable to open.
Last edited by Nilex on 2017-11-12, 00:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Does the CUE file list compressed audio tracks (ogg files)? If so then the SVN build you're using probably doesn't include SDL_sound, an optional component. However, if it's a "normal" BIN/CUE image of a cdrom then please post the contents of the CUE file.

Reply 2 of 4, by Nilex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OGG yes, forgot to point that out - my bad!
Case closed 😀

I got the SVN following the wiki page and ended here: http://www.emucr.com/2017/10/dosbox-svn-r4063.html
Is there a better place to download? (for my potential future SVN ventures)

Reply 3 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I believe the ECE build has working SDL_sound, and there is a vanilla SVN build in addition to the enhanced build if you don't want the extra features: DOSBox ECE (for Windows & Linux)

Reply 4 of 4, by Nilex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks Rip! His vanilla SVN was sufficient.

Btw, first new thing I noticed in the official SVN compared to 0.74 is that it doesn't revert my Win7 theme to basic
while its running a game. Whoever made change that needs own pedestal... or at least a good pat on the shoulder 😀