VOGONS

First post, by Iron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was playing around with the various sounds settings again last night and I was trying to get all the GUS stuff work. So I thought to make sure I'm running with GUS I will turn soundblaster off. But it seems that there is no way to disable all the soundblaster stuff. Well I dont know too much about the sound card business in dosbox, but I set everything else but GUS false in my config file. Then I start dosbox again but still it seems to always load the soundblaster.

Now I got into it again and tried disabling all sound cards whatsoever. sure everything else can be disabled but not SB. I bet this is a known issue, but I could not find any stuff about it on the boards.

Would someone who knows about the sound emulation tell why this is the case. Am I not allowed to have a no SB box? :)

I'm running cvs that's dated 5. june 04

Agh now I digged even deeper into this and tried it with the .61. There it is completely possible to disable the soundblaster. I remember reading about new soundblaster settings somewhere in cvs, so I guess that's the case.

Reply 2 of 4, by Iron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool thanks a lot. My config has been following from version to version and didn't have this line. should have checked some new default config file. This even helps with some other problems I were having now that I can choose between the new and old sbpro.

Reply 3 of 4, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*nods* I make new confs with each new CVS Build for the Installation package on Mypixels. But I don't think I inculde it.. not sure.. with the zip package.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.