VOGONS

First post, by Borg Number One

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😀
Great news for everybody who wants to
grab Adlib Data(no Wave/PCM-Data) and hears good old adlib tunes from games which use encrypted or packed game files and tunes which could not ripped until now
(e.g. some or some more Lemmings games , Pixel Painters Games: Electranoid Xatax....etc...etc....).

I love Adlib Music but "RAC"(RDOS Adlib Catcher) by "Roman Dolejsi" does only work on 368 and lower and this is/was a huge problem.
Many Games only work with a CPU higher than a 386 and that was really bad for RAC again. Crashing the whole system was the result.

In this way I asked " Roman Dolejsi " if he could add an "Adlib-RAW-Data-grabbing-feature" to dosbox and he did it.

This slightly modified source contains an
"adlib raw data capture engine" which stores each OPL2/Adlib acces to a file which can be played with Roman Dolejsi's "RDOSPLAY" or Peter Simon's "ADplug/ADPLAY".

Now many online chiptunes pages can improove/complete their archives too.

advantage is:
The file is very small because it only contains OPL2/Adlib commands and no PCM-Data

Here are the sources:
http://www.winamp5.de.tt/dosbox-0.61-adlib-grabbing.rar
or
http://mitglied.lycos.de/borgnumberone/dosbox … ib-grabbing.rar

Well there is a small problem:
Roman only has Linux and I only have VC++6 and so we cannot "produce"/compile the win32 version of that special adlib-grabbing-dosbox.
Is there anybody which could built the win32 Version?

Reply 6 of 30, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When compiling the source with adlib-grabbing, I get the following errors:

sdlmain.cpp: In function `void GFX_SetSize(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned 
int, double, double, void (*)())':
sdlmain.cpp:337: `glPixelDataRangeNV' undeclared (first use this function)
sdlmain.cpp:337: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)

Do I need a special version of SDL? Tried with 1.2.6 and 1.2.7..

Reply 7 of 30, by taiken7

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

./configure --disable-opengl

From what Ive briefly scanned, from command line add the suffix
-adlib-grab-file <filename>

Not had much luck recording Mortal Kombat / Troddlers midi, but am rather busy at the moment to play too much.

For the curious, yes AVI does have support for midi extensions .. (hint)

Reply 8 of 30, by Rufoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could someone offer some more specifics regarding this Adlib grabbing version. I followed that link but there was no detail regarding usage of the file.

Perhaps I overlooked something. However, I have a domain name which is just collecting dust at the moment and would like to start a comprehensive Adlib archive.

Does the adlib grabbing version of Dosbox also allow EMS to be enabled? RAC works fine in the latest CVS but the EMS restriction places a bit of a chokehold on things.

If anyone could explain the usage of the Adlib Grabbing Version of Dosbox and if it can grab with EMS enabled that would be fantastic. And if it helps, I am using Windows XP so I'll be using a Win32 build.

Reply 13 of 30, by Rufoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks robertmo, I got the latest July 14 build and it captures the files. 😀

But the .dro files are completely alien to Adplug 1.5 for Winamp. I also read the Adplug CVS changes but have no idea about compiling, if anyone manages to compile the latest Adplug CVS for Winamp or DOS could they please inform me?

I have purchased a domain name http://www.darkmartin.com and am planning to buy webspace tomorrow to start an Adlib Archive site.

Reply 16 of 30, by Rufoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the info but I'm familiar with all three of those sites.

I wish to start my own site, otherwise I wouldn't have invested in a domain name. This is part of the scene which I can contribute a wealth of stuff to and all I really need is some help with playback of the .dro files.

But thanks for the tip anyway.

Reply 17 of 30, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There are already two adlib archives, here and here, and this site has some adlib files as well.

This archives can hardly be called exhaustive. There is still need for a good PC game adlib archive.

Reply 18 of 30, by Rufoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Alkarion wrote:

There are already two adlib archives, here and here, and this site has some adlib files as well.

This archives can hardly be called exhaustive. There is still need for a good PC game adlib archive.

I'm with you on that. Even your classic bread and butter games like the later Keen series aren't covered yet.

No disrespect to the fine work from those sites, but there is a need for a archive with a broad range.

Reply 19 of 30, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Yeh compiling adplug and the winamp plugin ain't exactly the easiest things around it seems. Oh well since i'm in a nice mood 😀

Attachments

• Filename
    in_adlib.zip
    File size
    133.64 KiB
    Downloads
    235 downloads
    File comment
    Updated winamp plugin, should enable dll extension i see :)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DROPLAY.EXE
    File size
    6.02 KiB
    Downloads
    269 downloads
    File comment
    My crappy initial dos player for dro files
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception