VOGONS

Reply 21 of 30, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just curious Harekiet, did you compile the .dll with MinGW? I'm no programmer, so I basically follow the trial and error method when compiling and analyzing errors. After I removed a faulty reference in the documentation I got an error concerning getopt.h. My brute force attempt to replace adplug's getopt.h with the one in the MinGW directory resulted in a successful compiling. But having compiled adplug I realized that I didn't know what I would expect to get. What exactly do you need to get the Winamp dll or what do you get by compiling the adplug CVS?

Reply 22 of 30, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, first off, what is the button for the MIDI recording to work is it Ctrl+Alt+F7 or Ctrl+Alt+F8? Next, how do I stop it once I'm finished ripping the MIDI? And does the Adplug plugin for Winamp provided on this thread let it play the .dro files? If so, I need help, because I have no idea how to install it.

Reply 23 of 30, by almightyjustin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's Ctrl-Alt-F7, and pressing it again stops the recording. The plugin posted in this thread allows Winamp to play .dro files, put the .dll in your C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins folder.

Swim, swim, hungry! Stupid fish.

Reply 24 of 30, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This archives can hardly be called exhaustive. There is still need for a good PC game adlib archive.

Okay, just making sure you knew about 'em. I'd love to see a truly exhaustive archive, so good luck with it! As soon as an official (non-CVS) DOSBox release with the Adlib capture ability happens I will personally contribute stuff if you need it.

Reply 25 of 30, by Rufoo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I should have it ready by the end of this week. With some tasty first up rips ready to fly off the rack and user contributions will definately be a welcome addition.

I must confess it can be pretty exhausting, I groaned through the 7 minutes of DOOM II's level 6 music, that has to be the most tedious track.

If your interested in helping out, please drop me an e-mail at rufoo@kellychen.com or stay posted throughout the week and contact me once I got the site online. At least this way, if your working on anything, we both don't end up working hours on the same rips.

Reply 26 of 30, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm curious, is there any way to edit these DRO files? If they're recorded directly from in-game music they're going to have some additional silence or noise before and after them (particularly if they loop like the DOOM tunes), which isn't good for a proper soundtrack.

Also, I'm noticing some differences between the sound of captured DROs (played back with DROplay or Adplug at least) and what you hear in DOSBox (and thus what is captured with simple WAV output). I can furnish some samples to illustrate this. Are these problems with the capture functionality, the playback programs, the DRO format or something else?

Reply 27 of 30, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
almightyjustin wrote:

The plugin posted in this thread allows Winamp to play .dro files, put the .dll in your C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins folder.

Actually, I already tried this, but it's NOT working. The .DRO files simply are not visible, as before, and there are only .mid files with the same names as the .DRO files. When I try to play them i hear nothing. Also, something bad happened after I replaced the .dll file, now many of the formats (e.g. .a2M, .CMF, .IMF, .LAA, .ROL, etc.) do not appear under "Files of type" when i attempt to open a file. It is as if Adplug was never installed, or it has become corrupted! Luckily, everything reverts back to norm when i reinstall Adplug 1.5. My version of Winamp is 2.64. These midi files really do contain nothing, which is apparent not only from their size, but by opening them in a MIDI sequencer, such as Cakewalk, there is no data whatsoever! Even if I'm able to play these .DRO files, there pretty useless, unless I can convert them to .mid, which is something Winamp is unable to do, right?

Reply 29 of 30, by seskanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmmm....I'm sorry, but I don't think I follow you. Initially, when I extract the in_adlib.zip file to C:\Program Files\Winamp\plugins it must replace the original in_adlib.dll file of Adplug 1.5, correct? I tried to keep the original dll, rename this one, and place both files in the same folder, but it did nothing. When I go into Options>Preferences>Plug-ins in Winamp, I see "AdPlug/Winamp 1.5 [IN_ADLIB.DLL]" in the 'Input' menu. But this is BEFORE I apply your file, once I do that, I NO longer see it under Options>Preferences>Plug-ins anymore.

Reply 30 of 30, by almightyjustin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Having more than one in the folder at once will cause unpredictable results. You need to overwrite the original dll and delete any copies that are floating around. The new one does everything the original does anyway.

Swim, swim, hungry! Stupid fish.