VOGONS

Small Bugs

Topic actions

First post, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought I'll post some problems with the CVS I stumbled over in the past weeks. First thing is in Wing Commander, where sometimes the keyboard seems to fail in the game, though some commands still work. If you exit by Alt-X, typing in the Dosbox console will result in random ASCII-characters shown instead of your input.

Next thing concerns Westwood setup programs. There's a problem with Westwood setup for different games like Dune 2, Legend of Kyrandia, Hand of Fate, ... where keyboard inputs are only acknowledged with extreme delay of approximately 30 sec. Also, Hand of Fate aka Legend of Kyrandia 2 stopped working in the CVS. It still worked with the CSV from 4/15/04.

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

interresting.
Didn't expect the massive keyboard changes to decrease compatibility.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, this is rather emberassing. Dynamic core works so good I know choose it as my standard configuration. Selecting normal core makes the 'bugs' vanish...thanks robertmo. 😵

Reply 4 of 4, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I use Normal Core for most of my games because it has the least amount of bugginess but I suffer in performance of course. Choose your Poision...

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.