VOGONS

First post, by bulletshot60

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since installing the fall creator's update for Windows 10, I've been experiencing issues with using DosBox to debug / step through some simple DOS programs.

For the last release (0.74), the debug screen comes up blank. I checked out the latest version from SVN, compiled with --enable-debug using MinGW. The latest version opens and the debugger window isn't blank, but after breaking on the first instruction, you cannot step, scroll through the assembly or memory. Strangely, you can enter commands, but that is it.

I also tried with the latest version of dosbox-x (compiling with --enable-debug), but the same problem (no stepping or scrolling) occurs when using debugbox. Link to Open Issue: https://github.com/joncampbell123/dosbox-x/issues/515

Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 2, by bulletshot60

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So after some trial and error, the issue appears to be related to PDCurses 3.4 and an incompatibility with the fall creators update from Microsoft. Compiling with PDCurses 3.6 appears to resolve the issue.

Reply 2 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Thanks for the update. I don't recall having this problem, but maybe the pdcurses on my release setup is different from the one I use for my normal debugging.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!