VOGONS

First post, by prompt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the patch can be downloaded from sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func … 551&atid=467234

In a different thread priestlyboy wrote:

I looked into that ISO + Wav/MP3/AFF Cue Sheet Thing by Martin Bättig and I can patch DOSBox with this but it won't compile for Windows because it uses librarys from Linux. The one i run into when compiling is LibGen and I am not a really good programmer and mostly work off of other peoples stuff to figure things out. But I know nothing about linux and its libraries so I can't do this or look into how to make it work with Windows.

I removed the dependency on libgen.h for windows systems (see new patch on sf.net). It is used to allow relative paths instead of absolute paths in a cue sheet. If anyone finds a gpl windows version of the dirname function, I will include it.
Note that the library SDL_sound from http://icculus.org/SDL_sound is required it you want to use any sound format other than raw audio files.

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

discovered a small problem

i got a .cue sheet which looks for game.img
and the file is called Game.img under linux.

not sure if .cue sheets care about the case, but you get an unknown error in dosbox because of that.

maybe the contents of the cue sheet should go through the drive_cache as well ?
hmm or did I just have a very bad rip. ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 4, by prompt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn't find any information about the case of filenames, so I assumed they would be system dependent, but using dircache seems to be a good idea.
The error messages aren't that good because the return value of CDROM_Interface::SetDevice is bool. If you want more meaningful messages, the easiest way would probably be to print them directly in SetDevice.

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

maybe. But it looks prommissing, still testing it a bit. I don't have that many images 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!