VOGONS

First post, by TFrog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently purchased a new laptop and loaded KDE Neon up on it as well as installed all my favorite applications. After installing LibreOffice (it pulled in the Ubuntu 18.04 OpenJDK 11 packages), both version 082 and 081 of DBGL refused to load. I stepped back to OpenJDK 8 and both versions loaded but would NOT access Moby Games for profiles of games (Namely SSN-21 Seawolf from 1994). I know this particular game is in the Moby Games listing and double checked the Moby Games site. It was listed. Not exactly sure what happened. Everything worked with DGGL081 one KDE Neon when it was based on the 16.04 version of Ubuntu and the OpenJDK 8. Please look into this. Otherwise, I love the ability to set up various DOS games with multiple DOSbox profiles instead of having to edit the DOSbox config file all the time.

Reply 2 of 3, by TFrog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The supplied link does NOT show the fix for the Moby Games issue. It instead takes me to "DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)" which doesn't say a thing about the Moby Games fix. However, I downgraded the OpenJDK to 8.0 till the fix is in for the Java 9+ support and still am not able to access Moby games. Still sweeping the boards to find the fix.