VOGONS

First post, by unknownuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, I've got one question: where can I get the heavy-debug-version of the (almost) current cvs?

--- OR ---

How can i compile the debug-versions?
I'm using MinGW/msys with pdcurses (dont know which version) and sdl1.2.5...

If i do it, i'll get a full runnable dosbox but i cant use the debugger (the application-window will only show the things i've outputted with LOG_MSG)

I would prefer if someone tells me, whats wrong with compiling but a heavy-debug-version whould help me alot 😀

Reply 1 of 11, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

./configure --enable-debug

or heavy debug (adds some more commands)
./configure --enable-debug=heavy

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 11, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It compiles, but it doesn't work. This is mingw and folllowing the instructions from INSTALL. For those that can't even get it to run, check stderr.txt; if it complains about lines and cols being too small, type 'export LINES=80' 'export COLS=25' in your mingw window. So, provided unknownuser is at the same point as I, what are we doing wrong or not doing, assuming end user error?

Reply 4 of 11, by unknownuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, I've checked this and I'm using pdcurses 2.4 (a pre-compiled version with a 'curses.h' and 'pdcurses.lib').

I can compile DosBox in debug or heavy-debug modus however i didnt have the debug-window (where normally the instructions etc are shown) and the only thing i get outputted is the text which is outputted with LOG_MSG(..) Hmm, i'll recompile pdcurses myself and take a look at it 😀

Reply 6 of 11, by unknownuser

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, I'll try this out to, but if someone whants to compile his own pdcurses-libs u'll maybe need this:

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/x11/XFr … /v3.3.1/shm.zip

(if u get an error with ipc.h or so)

Reply 9 of 11, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I haven't had troubles with it and *chuckles* my CVS builds have the Heavy Debug 😁.
I build the Debug Versions that way since they make them more useful when I run into troubles and it helps since the Devs use them to figure out what's up. 😀

Note:
To compile the debug versions you need to do "./configure --enable-debug=heavy" before "make". Of course don't forget to include "--enable-core-inline" to get faster core cycles.

I've been doing CVS builds for months now :p. I think I got it pretty well "understood" for the most part. It's the actual manipulation and coding that's still got me. :p.

BTW:

I use SDL 1.2.7.. why are you using the outdated SDL 1.2.5? If you meant SDL_net 1.2.5 then that's different.
And Pdcurses 2.4 is outdated compared to the not as outdated pdcurses 2.6?

I use the pdcurses 2.6.0 available on http://mingw.sourceforge.net site with GCC 3.4.1 and the latest CVS code. Haven't had any troubles with it 😉. It is in the proposed section of the download page. 😜

Also apparently they are working on a PDCurse 2.7 now. I'm getting the CVS and seeing what's up. :p.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 10 of 11, by jefferl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to compile a debug-heavy version for dosbox...
,But always fail,

In dosbox 0.58, I'v successful compile debuger version,
at that time, my compiler is VC6 sp5.

because VC6 is abandoned by dosbox.
In current, my compiler is mingw,
and can compile normal dosbox.exe from newest cvs source code.

But can't figure out how to put pdcurse , and let run ..
I'v successful compile below package source code
libpng-1.2.8-config.tar.gz
SDL-1.2.9.tar.gz
SDL_net-1.2.5.tar.gz
zlib-1.2.3.tar.gz

After try so many method , I abandon to compile pdcurse from souce code form , Only need install an pre-compile
library and header file zip file.

If anyone can give me some hint,I will appreciate.