VOGONS

dro / adplug / adlib ripping project

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 34, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

heh yeah .NET is very silent. Seems to do nothing really except make you install something to let you do more stuff. 😜.

Btw Zeromus, the adplug that you have is version 1.5 but the adplug in CVS is 1.6 and to note the plugin is missing the .DRO in the listings so I have to select all files when I want to list the .DROs.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 21 of 34, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Cool, I installed .NET with no problems. The DRO tool seems pretty good for the task at hand, so once the new DOSBox release comes out with fixed DRO support I'll try doing a "release quality" rip.

Has anyone done a rip of Stephane Picq's Dune soundtrack? If not I'll do that one.

Reply 23 of 34, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
oneirotekt wrote:

Has anyone done a rip of Stephane Picq's Dune soundtrack? If not I'll do that one.

I'd love to hear of your experience with Dune's OPL3 (AdLib Gold) in DOSBox. There's just no way I can make it sound right here. Oh wait... On second thought, that would be useless. I believe AdPlug still doesn't support OPL3, does it?

Reply 24 of 34, by zeromus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Kaminari: The hacked winamp adplug at http://www.pi-r-squared.com/code/dro does support opl3. Official one will also sometime in the near future once my code settles down. If you really need adplug in some other form, talk to me about it.

Reply 25 of 34, by oneirotekt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'd love to hear of your experience with Dune's OPL3 (AdLib Gold) in DOSBox.

Adlib Gold support in DOSBox was discussed and dismissed here. There are very few games that support it that don't also support SB16, Dune being one of them I think. It would definitely be nice to have, eventually, especially for soundtrack ripping purposes, but you'll have to convince the developers it's a worthwhile investment.

Reply 26 of 34, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the developer of adplug know that DRO is missing on the selectable supported formats?
It's not listed in either Winamp or XMPlay through the plugin although it does run.
I also noticed that Adplug 1.6 is not compatible with DROs saved by DRO-ED but does run files recorded by the adlib patched DOSBox.
Adplug 1.5 w/ Zeromus changes runs DRO-ED modified DROs just fine.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 27 of 34, by zeromus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's all exactly as expected. Adplug 1.6 came out before I was ready for it. There are other changes under the hood; maybe there will be a new official release soon.

Reply 28 of 34, by zeromus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Whipped up a new DROED that uses win32 waveout instead of requiring managed directx. Give it a spin, if you want. It wont replace the other droed until ive tested it several places, which I havent because nobody is awake at 8am 😭 come to think of it why am i?

http://www.pi-r-squared.com/code/dro/droed-nomdx.rar

Has anyone ripped anything good yet?

Reply 29 of 34, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Errr.. DOSBox 0.63 must be recording really whacky. There are lots of red lines (INVALIDS) in the DROs Recorded by DOSBox 0.63 when loaded by either version of DROED and same DROs from DOSBox 0.63 play very slow and offkey and just plain weird in WinAMP with either version of the adplug plugin.
😐

Attachments

• Filename
    ultima6_000.txt
    File size
    16.85 KiB
    Downloads
    154 downloads
    File comment
    This is a DRO just change .TXT to .DRO since .DRO isn't a valid extension on here.
    This was recorded by DOSBox 0.63. Neither the adplug 1.6 plugin or the adplug 1.5 plugin in Winamp or DROED can play these DROs correctly :|
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 30 of 34, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

IMHO the format has changed, so the tools/plugins must change as well. This looks logical to me....
Disclaimer: I have not tried it myself, so I cannot say whether there is not any real bug... However I think the problems with format change more likely.

Mirek

Reply 32 of 34, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's what I thought when I read the changelog and it must have been more than what Zeromus had done so I wondered about what had caused so much change. It sounds really funky right now in Winamp. Lol.
Hopefully any more changes to the format will be less "damaging."

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 33 of 34, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There is a version number now (I think 1.0), so if there are changes in future, it will be possible to handle them better (editors/plugins will be able to check version and to decide whether they support it or not).

Mirek