VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by SiyMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

n1 wd, but i prefer win 3.11 cause I can't run it on my AMD XP 2200+, Win 95 I can 😀. I'm not using Linux or Unix or something other, I only use Dosbox for my old Dosgames e.g. Civilization, Colonization or Die Fugger II.
but because you are using a german version of Windows we can speak german, can't we ? 😁

kekko: If it' working with the standard-logitech driver it's good, I'll try it next time I use Win 3.1 /3 😉. But your opcodes I don't have. It seems that this is only with the newer 3.11 version, not with my 3.1, I only have exceptions 😀.
The next problem can be sound, in standard-mode it's working all right but not in the enhanced way. I'll try to find my old creative-driver cd with the original sb pro drivers on it. Let's take a look 😀.

Reply 21 of 25, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SiyMan: just wondering why cannot you run win3.11 on your athlon. I have duron and i can run DOS and i also have installed win3.1 on it (i also have win98 and winxp)

EDIT: I guess cause of no sound & video drivers 😉

Reply 22 of 25, by SiyMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

EDIT: I guess cause of no sound & video drivers 😉

You have the point 😀. But i'm not sure, I guess I must look for drivers of my onBoard soundcard, ATI isn't supporting my 9500 non-pro 😁

Reply 23 of 25, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

the last card by nVidia that had win3.1 drivers was rivatnt2 i think. I don't know what was the last card by ati. You can always unplag your modern card and plug old one 😀 I think the same with sound card (at least i can cause i still have one ISA slot 😀 (I don't know whether there were any win3.1 drivers for PCI sound cards)

Reply 24 of 25, by SiyMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, let's take a look to my old hardware, there will be an old graphics-adapter for Dos. But I will look for ATI Detonators for Win 3.1x 😁.

But I don't have one ISA slot, I only have 1 AGP and 4 PCIs, but I know there exist slot-adapters from pci to isa or external usb-isa adapters for older cards 😀.
Next time formating I must try it 😁