VOGONS

First post, by augnober

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay. I have a request that's a bit more reasonable than the Star Control 2 palette request.

I tried out Screamtracker III and Future Crew's "Yo!" demo, and noticed that the text font remains unchanged though the programs attempt to change the font... so stuff ends up looking rather ugly. Does DOSBox allow the text font to be changed? I'm aware that there's a realmode BIOS call to do this (which I also used to use through dpmi sometimes -- I'm not enough of an expert to know whether or not that matters), and also that some people did this manually with some ports (no BIOS call).

I tested this with DOSBox 0.62, on win32.

Last edited by augnober on 2004-10-03, 04:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by augnober

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I thought it would work too. On the demo compatibility page (http://pain.scene.org/service_dosbox.php) "Yo!" is listed as if it works fine. It doesn't though. Maybe the functionality has been broken.

Reply 4 of 5, by Srecko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This doesn't work in dosbox:

C:\DISPLAY.EXE CON=(VGA,852,1)
C:\MODE CON CP PREP=((852) c:\EGA.CPX)
C:\MODE CON CP SELECT=852
c\keyb HR,852,hr.kl

DISPLAY.EXE, MODE.COM and fonts (EGA*.CPX) are available here.
Luckily this freedos DISPLAY is TSR unlike in MsDOS.

keyb of course works, but fonts aren't changed.

Reply 5 of 5, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

i thought it was possible to change the character map.

This is exactly the bug I listed in another thread (the one which I supplied the small testprogram for). It was possible indeed, with DOSbox 0.61 (at least in 256 character mode, 512 character mode didn't work either).

JAL