VOGONS

subst

Topic actions

First post, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Typing subst without any parameters crushes dosbox. This problem still appears in RC1.

Reply 1 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmmm. Really odd.
I did find some possible bug. but then dir and others should be unstable as well.

Anybody with a debugger experiences this problem as well ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
robertmo wrote:

Typing subst without any parameters crushes dosbox. This problem still appears in RC1.

It is even worse. The following are my tests (always restarting DOSBOX). I do not have here debugger so I could not debug it, but it looks that it regularly crashes instead of reporting an error message.

1)
subst
*crashes*

2.)
subst c z:\
*crashes*

3.)
subst qwerty
*crashes*

3)
mount c: c:\
subst d c:\
*works*

3)
mount c: c:\
*crashes*

Mirek

Reply 3 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Funny thing is.. It don't crash on my latest CVS Builds. So I'm checking by downloading and building that source 😜.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 5 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I also tried it on the 0.63RC1 source (Qbix asked me to) and I get no crash either after compiling it.
I also tried it with his flags too.

So.. I think it's a fluke or something is messing with Qbix's compiling.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 8 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The build I did a two days ago in MSVC looks also ok. Since you said that the sources of 0.63rc1 compiled for you ok as well, it looks like we can close this as some problem with QBIX's build.
Let's hope he locates the problem, because I think 0.63 will be also based his build.

Mirek

Reply 9 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yeah i suppose. *shrugs* I use MinGW as does he. So I don't know why his caused a problem and mine didn't. I find it much easier to do stuff to DOSBox with MinGW then MSVC++. (Besides the fact that it has a UNIX interface it makes source compiling much easier. I can build most libraries easily with it and FCEUltra, VICE, DOSBox, and a several other things with it.)

It's also scary that I haven't had much as of a quip or a complain from people on mypixels.dk cept for the rare thing when it works in one machine but not on another.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.