VOGONS

First post, by graig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Before the keymapper I could switch between dvorak and then go back to standard querty when I was playing the game. Now I can't. I also understand that alof of other language keyboards are having alot of problems.

I have an idea for keymapper. One that would make it better for people who use non standard keyboard layouts, and those that require mappings for many different games.

1. Make it off by default. To my knowledge, no one ever complained about keymappings before, this would fix all the problems. This way anyone can use their standard os keyboard mapping in dosbox if they say, need to type dos commands or use a word processor. 😳

2. Have the keymapper open by the same way as before and make a little menu system that lets you map keys, and save or load mapper.txt files.

3. Make a toggle hotkey to switch between *off* and the currently selected mapper.text file.

Need default windows layout so you can load your game? should be set to off by default no problems. Need to game? hit the hotkey for the mapper.txt and play the game? need to play a different game? open up the keymapper and open a saved mapper.txt

Sounds like a good idea. Too bad i can't program 😒

Lopan: "One dosbox with 2 mappings?? The best of both worlds!"