I think it's time for a progress update 😀
There was lots of activity recently - both in SVN and Git. We're keeping up-to-date with the latest SVN developments (r4328 for build below), so I will include them in the changelog.
Overall over last month, 20 commits landed in SVN trunk, additional 115 commits landed in dosbox-staging master branch. The summary of bigger changes:
Due to changes to defaults, I recommend testers to re-create their .conf files.
Changes originating from SVN (up to r4328):
- Fix a number of PPC/Big Endian - related fixes
- Fix a number of bugs (SF #285, #469, and some others)
- Add OpenGL shader support
- Fix Q-Channel track number reporting - fixes CD player feature in DOS Navigator
- A number of code cleanups and general improvements
Changes from dosbox-staging (up to v0.75.0-pre-526-g6e69228c):
- Some alternative fixes for PPC/Big Endian issues
- Allow Opus support for CD-DA emulation to be optionally disabled during compilation
- Add CGA/mono support
- Update codec libraries: dr_flac to 0.12.4, dr_mp3 to 0.5.5, dr_wav to 0.11.4
- Add support for keymapper reloading in runtime (Z:\> config -set sdl mapperfile=<path>)
- Expand mouse countrol methods: replace the autolock = true/false configuration setting with capture_mouse = ... with a two-value setting.
- Add a makefile for generating .ico and .icns files to contrib
- Fix a dosbox-staging issue with filename shortening on platforms, that have problem with PRIuPTR
- Fix a dosbox-staging regression in CD-DA emulation code (MK3)
- Fix a number of CD-DA emulation related corner cases
- Add a script for performing automatic diffs between CI logs
- Fix a crash in config -get "foo bar"
- Change default: sdl.output: "texture" → "opengl"
- Change default: sdl.capture_mouse "onclick middlegame" → "seamless middlerelease"
- Change default: sdl.fullresolution: "0x0" → "desktop"
- Change default: render.glshader: "none" → "sharp"
- Change default: sblaster.oplemu: default selects "nuked"
- Fix handling of escape characters in softmodem
- Fix a number of static analysis issues
- A number of code cleanups, general code and documentation improvements
Changes removed from dosbox-staging, available in SVN only:
- Rewritten video capture code
macOS test snapshots
This is the first time we offer macOS snapshots; these are very much Work In Progress app bundles, but hopefully should work ok. Unfortunately, we can build snapshots only for the latest macOS version at the moment (10.15 Catalina). App bundle is unsigned - click on app with right mouse button, select "Open" and the dialog window will show a button to run it. Please report issues in #148.
| ← Ceci n'est pas une pipe