VOGONS

First post, by Sverx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,
I hope that's the right place for that info.
I remember that one game I had years ago had a stupid "copy protection system" : it does a check if a particular cluster in the floppy was marked as a bad one or not. It should have been marked as bad.
I went here on this website and I found it in your list: it's "Captain Blood" and it says it's "broken". So I gave a look into the DOSBox 0.63 source code and I see that the BIOS function "verify" (of INT 13h) isn't still implemented.
Unfortunatly I can't check myself because I no longer have that floppy with the game but I think that game and maybe some other will run ok if you add that real function... and have the original floppy 😀
Bye
Sverx

Reply 2 of 3, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

verify has hothing to do with it.

copied:
Captain Blood requires int13-support, so it won't work unless
you use the image support (tried it, seems to work). It uses
int13 implicitly, which made tracing much more complicated.

wd

Reply 3 of 3, by Sverx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, it seems to me there are different versions of the game and those I found on the Net don't work with DOSBox 0.63...
... so yesterday evening I phoned an old friend and asked him to see if he could find his copy of the game. I was lucky.
The game is runnig, actually. Here are some screenshots 😀
So I guess "Stargazer" can also update the details in the game page.
Bye

Anyway a copy protection is really present in the game so if other copies don't work it could be because of that, uh? 😕

Attachments

• cb02.jpg
    Filename
    cb02.jpg
    File size
    130.34 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Migrax talking ;)
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • cb01.jpg
    Filename
    cb01.jpg
    File size
    61.39 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    selection screen. Note that it should be "Germany" instead of "Italia", I modified it years ago...
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception