Just curious. Its been 3 months.

Reply 1 of 9, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
saur2004 wrote:

Just curious. Its been 3 months.

I think nobody, not even the developers, known when a new release is forthcoming 😀. It would be nice to have a releasecalendar though, so that - say - every 2 month the then-current CVS is made stable and released.

JAL

Reply 2 of 9, by saur2004

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its just that Im specifically waiting on the patch that fixes the INT11 joystick support. My harddrive space is fairly limited and I dont have the space to install the cygwin developement package, so I cant compile patches myself.

Reply 3 of 9, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
saur2004 wrote:

Its just that Im specifically waiting on the patch that fixes the INT11 joystick support. My harddrive space is fairly limited and I dont have the space to install the cygwin developement package, so I cant compile patches myself.

There is a CVS build made available every day or week or so. Search the forum to find it...

JAL

Reply 4 of 9, by saur2004

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much for pointing that out. I didnt know that and I had though I had read the forums pretty thoroughly. Unfortunately I just tried the latest CVS build and INT11 joystick support looks to still be broken.

I have an old old DOS game that I happen to know uses the BIOS interrupt call to parse the joystick. This game runs fine when run under DOS 6.22 and there is an analog joystick plugged into the soundcard midi/joystick port. When I run the game under DOSbox with a USB joystick, the game goes into its joystick calibration like it usually does but when I pull the trigger at the given joystick positions, nothing happens. The trigger looks like it is not being recognized.

OOOPS: Its INT15 support 😦

Reply 5 of 9, by saur2004

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I dont believe this. I finally found the assembly code bits from the game that deal with this. (Warning its in that old DEC PASCAL)

This is NOT working under DOSbox but works fine in DOS 6.22 with an old analog joystick.

---JSBTNS.I86---(gets the joystick buttons)

NAME     JOYSTICK_BUTTONS
ASSUME CS:CODE,DS:DATA

DATA SEGMENT PUBLIC
DATA ENDS

CODE SEGMENT PUBLIC

PUBLIC JSBTNS

RETAD DW ?

;gets joystick vals

JSBTNS PROC NEAR
POP BX
MOV RETAD,BX
MOV AH,84H
MOV DX,0000H
INT 15H
POP DI
POP ES
XOR AH,AH
MOV ES:WORD PTR [DI],AX
MOV BX,RETAD
JMP BX
JSBTNS ENDP

CODE ENDS

END

---JSTICK.I86---(gets the joystick positions)

NAME     JOYSTICK
ASSUME CS:CODE,DS:DATA

DATA SEGMENT PUBLIC
DATA ENDS

CODE SEGMENT PUBLIC

PUBLIC JSTICK

RETAD DW ?

;gets joystick vals

JSTICK PROC NEAR
POP BX
MOV RETAD,BX
MOV AH,84H
MOV DX,0001H
INT 15H
POP DI
POP ES
MOV ES:WORD PTR [DI],BX
POP DI
POP ES
MOV ES:WORD PTR [DI],AX
MOV BX,RETAD
JMP BX
JSTICK ENDP

CODE ENDS

END

Reply 6 of 9, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, a little patch from me is forthcoming that toggles xms & ems on/off from the command line; hows that?:) Maybe put out what I've done so far since the xms toggle works for zone66(still working on getting privateer to accept the ems toggle, though priv doesn't seem to run with the more recent dosbox releases).

Reply 7 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

uhm ih8 you can stop that 😀
I allready coded all options from the command line.(xms/ems/sblaster/gus/cpu/pcspeaker/tandy/disney/modem/midi/mpu401)
just didn't commit it yet.

Or do continue and i can see if you used some tricks that i forgot about.
Contact me (pm) if you want to have a sample of it

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 9, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
saur2004 wrote:

I dont believe this. I finally found the assembly code bits from the game that deal with this.

The code uses the standard int 15h / ah = 84h, dx = 0001/0002, maybe QBix can comment on its support in DOSbox with USB joysticks. Should be working, afaik.

JAL

Reply 9 of 9, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's a patch for the XMS and EMS toggles and a little xmsems dector /w pascal source I ran across. patch -p0 < xmsems.diff. Check your PM:)

Attachments

• Filename
    xmsems.rar
    File size
    3.96 KiB
    Downloads
    220 downloads
    File comment
    diff xmsems detection /w pascal src
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception