VOGONS

First post, by Targon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if I should have posted this over in General or not, but I had a question about a feature that may or may not be in the works.

Since DOSBox does emulation of a PC environment, I was wondering if any work had been done on emulating a 3Dfx Voodoo 1 or 2. I know that GliDOS is around, but DOSBox has better emulation of a DOS environment all around.

I know that DOSBox has support for a few different video cards, but since the Voodoo 1 and 2 were just 3D accelerators, I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to add support for them. The other problem is that while I DO have an old PCI Voodoo 1 card(Canopus Pure3D) sitting on a shelf, the memory addresses the card needs are not available in newer computers.

So, any information would be appreciated. I've been reading all the talk about how a lot of games will not work under the 64 bit version of Windows, and I suspect that a number of emulators out there will suddenly not work properly under the new version of Windows XP(2003), but have faith that DOSBox will continue to run properly.

Reply 4 of 4, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Only a 3dfx Windows 95 version and the Titanium Edition had support for VooDoo cards. The DOS ver and the software Windows 95 version did not. Yeah, there really was a heck of a lot of Mech 2 versions floating around. I know, I have them all.