VOGONS

DOSBox ReelMagic Fork

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uka wrote on 2022-03-11, 06:19:
Sure! Tests 05-06 - everything is fine now! Tests 07-09 - no video, the left half of the screen just blinks white for a second a […]
Show full quote

Sure!
Tests 05-06 - everything is fine now!
Tests 07-09 - no video, the left half of the screen just blinks white for a second and exits. LOGs say "Last call failed".
Test 11 - no crash/freeze this time, but the video still shows only a small part of the picture.
Test 12 - the same as with 07-09, but with the LOG text displayed on the screen instead of the video.

Awesome! Thank you again very much as this is super helpful. I have learned a few things now that need some serious fixes in the emulator. This should help with game compatibility and stability. 😀

Congratulations 😀
Can you please check "Entity" on your machine?
I am still very curious why does not it show videos on my hardware.

Sure thing! We started the install but could not proceed as the installer would not take any user input. (attached screenshot) We are also working on getting the sound blaster working on this machine too. Currently having barrels of fun with IRQ conflicts. (All these youngsters nowadays don't know what they are missing out on with their new fancy PnP hardware 😁) We burned the "entity_202006" ISO file from archive.org. Is this the right one? Looking at the ISO file in 7Zip, shows a ".checksum.md5" file (which I would not expect for that time) as well as some suspiciously new timestamps. Just to confirm, is this the right CD-ROM ISO image we should be testing with?

Regardless, we will continue to try to get this working and keep you posted! 😀

Attachments

Reply 61 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-11, 16:52:

We started the install but could not proceed as the installer would not take any user input. (attached screenshot)

You mean that pressing any button (like arrows to change the language to English) does not do anything?
That's strange. The install works for me on both PCs and in your DOSBox. Maybe it is because of your problems with the sound card, as the installer does not see one?

We are also working on getting the sound blaster working on this machine too. Currently having barrels of fun with IRQ conflicts. (All these youngsters nowadays don't know what they are missing out on with their new fancy PnP hardware 😁)

Indeed, oh those joys of resolving IRQ conflicts 😀

We burned the "entity_202006" ISO file from archive.org. Is this the right one? Looking at the ISO file in 7Zip, shows a ".checksum.md5" file (which I would not expect for that time) as well as some suspiciously new timestamps. Just to confirm, is this the right CD-ROM ISO image we should be testing with?

Yes! As I said, that's a custom-made image from 2010, but that's the only one available.
I used to think that it could miss some files as it did not work for me on real hardware, but now that it - kind of - works in your emulator, it is quite possible that the image is actually complete (so please do not mind the wrong file dates).

Attachments

Last edited by Stiletto on 2022-03-14, 22:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uka wrote on 2022-03-11, 19:36:

You mean that pressing any button (like arrows to change the language to English) does not do anything?

No working mouse in the French setup menu. I seem to recall having to preload something like `MOUSE.COM` back in the day... Possibly something like this is needed here? Mouse works just fine in win 3.11 on this machine though.

That's strange. The install works for me on both PCs and in your DOSBox.

Yeah it took me probably 30 seconds to mount the ISO and successfully run the setup and start the game in the ReelMagic DOSBox emulator. 😀

Maybe it is because of your problems with the sound card, as the installer does not see one?

Quite possibly which is why we will work out the sound problems first. Also the conventional memory reported on the French setup page seems to be a bit low so possibly that is an indication of the problem.

What gets loaded on your real machine's CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, and anywhere else before you run the "ENTITY.EXE" setup program? Anything for the mouse or other hardware?

Yes! As I said, that's a custom-made image from 2010, but that's the only one available.
I used to think that it could miss some files as it did not work for me on real hardware, but now that it - kind of - works in your emulator, it is quite possible that the image is actually complete (so please do not mind the wrong file dates).

Cool cool thanks for confirming! I suspect that the image is possibly missing a .BAT file or something to pre-setup something with ReelMagic. Especially because there are files like `CHOICE.COM` which are generally used as DOS batch file helpers. We may be able to re-create said missing .BAT file(s) if we play around with it enough and possibly get it working on the real deal.... I will keep you posted of our progress. 😀

Reply 63 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-11, 23:57:

No working mouse in the French setup menu. I seem to recall having to preload something like `MOUSE.COM` back in the day... Possibly something like this is needed here? Mouse works just fine in win 3.11 on this machine though.

Oh, of course you need a mouse driver to be loaded in autoexec.bat for the mouse to work in DOS.
I use "Cute Mouse", as it is mostly compatible with everything and takes only a few bytes of RAM.

jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-11, 23:57:

What gets loaded on your real machine's CONFIG.SYS, AUTOEXEC.BAT, and anywhere else before you run the "ENTITY.EXE" setup program? Anything for the mouse or other hardware?

There is a whole lot of things 😀
Have you run memmaker to configure the memory? I think it should help you put there all DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS etc.

Attachments

Reply 64 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uka wrote on 2022-03-12, 03:25:

Oh, of course you need a mouse driver to be loaded in autoexec.bat for the mouse to work in DOS.
I use "Cute Mouse", as it is mostly compatible with everything and takes only a few bytes of RAM.

Good to know... Thanks for the RAR file we will try that! It's certainly been a while (25-30 years) since I have last worked with this stuff. I think I have forgotten as DOSBox sure makes it easy. 😀

Have you run memmaker to configure the memory? I think it should help you put there all DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS etc.

No not yet... Been actually avoiding memmaker to be honest as I was worried that would introduce an unknown variables. We will give that a try too thanks for the tip! 😀

My buddy is the one who actually has the full setup and is working on getting this setup at his place. While he is working on that, in the mean time, I have been analyzing the way "Entity" works and interacts with ReelMagic in the DOSBox debugger. Looking at the way the game calls down to the driver, it it pretty similar to the "Lord of the Rings" game, and from what I can tell, nothing seems out of place. I did find one thing though that may cause a problem on the real setup, but not in the emulator. The "FMPDRV.EXE" file on the ISO file is not properly invoked by the game (e.g. correct card config and working directory), and is likely not even the correct file! When this is invoked by the game and comes back with a non-zero exit code, the game jumps directly to the main menu and refuses to play video. When the "alwaysresident=true" parameter is set on the emulator, this can be as screwed up as it wants to be, but will always return a zero exit code which triggers the game engine to play to the video anyways. I did an experiment, replacing the "D:\FMPDRV.EXE" file in the ISO with the "FMPLOAD.COM" file from the "Return to Zork" install folder and this made "Entity" work in the emulator regardless of the "alwaysresident=" parameter. I am about 60% sure that this may be the problem. I have attached the "FMPDRV.EXE" file I modified in ISO to get past this hurdle.

Uka, while we are working on getting our DOS PC setup, do you have an easy way to try modifying your "Entity" ISO / CD-ROM with the attached "FMPDRV.EXE" file?

Attachments

• Filename
    fmpdrv.exe.zip
    File size
    455 Bytes
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 65 of 172, by Bobbytoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys

My video clip about the Horde game is coming to the final.

I have achieved phenomenal results by using a neural network to convert RM MPEG to Full HD Video.
Removed noise, compression artifacts, added sharpness, and so on.

Unfortunately, I could not get the MAP, the person from еbay refused to do a scan even for payment.

jrdennisoss
can I put you nikname in the video credits?

Attachments

• demo1.png
    Filename
    demo1.png
    File size
    634.54 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Games used to be better!

Reply 66 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-12, 03:54:

I did find one thing though that may cause a problem on the real setup, but not in the emulator. The "FMPDRV.EXE" file on the ISO file is not properly invoked by the game (e.g. correct card config and working directory), and is likely not even the correct file! When this is invoked by the game and comes back with a non-zero exit code, the game jumps directly to the main menu and refuses to play video.

Indeed, you are right, thanks a lot!
The intro videos appear on the old PC if I load fmpdrv.exe (the actual one, from the drivers folder) before launching the game.
Still, it is not working as it should:
On my 386SX PC with ReelMagic Lite - the intro videos are fine with sound, but no sound is heard in 'Video Messages' section and the game freezes soon when such message is playing.
With your emulator - the intro videos have no sound and display artifacts, while 'Video Messages' are all fine and with sounds, and the game seems to work fine.
That's all very strange for me, as the MPG videos could be played fine from the disk without the artifacts, so why they are not displayed correctly in your DOSBox?
On the other hand, that's probably the only game of them all that supports the MPEG1 card only optionally, so Loriciel probably did not bother to test it well.

jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-12, 03:54:

Uka, while we are working on getting our DOS PC setup, do you have an easy way to try modifying your "Entity" ISO / CD-ROM with the attached "FMPDRV.EXE" file?

Thanks, I have modified the ISO, but it will take some time for me to burn it to try on the real hardware.
Do you have sound in videos there, both in intro and in "messages", at least in the emulator?

Reply 67 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Bobbytoz wrote on 2022-03-12, 05:18:

Unfortunately, I could not get the MAP, the person from еbay refused to do a scan even for payment.

You are talking about this person? https://www.ebay.com/itm/294850959845
It would be nice to have the map scanned, but that's quite an expensive lot 🙁
I only have "The Horde" in jewel case (the MPEG version) and the regular (non-MPEG) CD manual - still searching for the MPEG manual as well.

Reply 68 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

jrdennisoss
can I put you nikname in the video credits?

Absolutely!

Uka wrote on 2022-03-12, 06:16:

On my 386SX PC with ReelMagic Lite - the intro videos are fine with sound, but no sound is heard in 'Video Messages' section and the game freezes soon when such message is playing.
With your emulator - the intro videos have no sound and display artifacts, while 'Video Messages' are all fine and with sounds, and the game seems to work fine.
That's all very strange for me, as the MPG videos could be played fine from the disk without the artifacts, so why they are not displayed correctly in your DOSBox?

Good question... In a nutshell, the video files (assets) on these old ReelMagic games are not actually MPEG-1 compliant/format files. ReelMagic has been doing special ("magical" as I describe it 😉 ) with the MPEG f_code field in these files which makes them unplayable in standard MPEG video players/decoders such as VLC. What I have been doing so far to just make things work in the emulator is a deep analysis of the MPEG assets and applying a patch to the P and B pictures in the MPEG stream on the fly to make things display correctly. I still do not 100% understand what exactly they are doing, but am learning as I go. 😀 I haven't yet, but will take a look at the assets on the "Entity" CD and analyze them to see what can be done so that they can be displayed (and possibly "heard" 😀 ) correctly in the emulator.

Thanks for the heads up as to where to look; this is very helpful information as I can analyze the 'Video Messages' section of the game and see what is different in the emulator vs. the real deal. 😀

On the other hand, that's probably the only game of them all that supports the MPEG1 card only optionally, so Loriciel probably did not bother to test it well.

Would not surprise me. 🙁 However, I will still definitely test.

Thanks, I have modified the ISO, but it will take some time for me to burn it to try on the real hardware.
Do you have sound in videos there, both in intro and in "messages", at least in the emulator?

We will definitely give it a shot, but are still working on setting up our DOS PC. Also, I will analyze the MPEG files in parallel and test in the emulator. From what I recall from the ReelMagic DOSBox debugging of "Entity", the intro files are only "MPEG ES" formatted files. The "ES" (elementary stream only) format means that only video or audio is present in the stream, not both. I will double-check this though to 100% confirm with all assets on the disc. If there is indeed audio data in these files, my goal is for the emulator to be able to play it. I'll let you know what I find. 😀

Reply 69 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just quick checked... Yes all the assets on the "Entity" disc are properly muxed and have both audio and video streams. These files are also NOT "magical" assets (meaning they are indeed standard MPEG-1 format) and I will debug why they are not playing properly in the emulator. Likely this is a bug in the PL_MPEG library I am using.

Thank you Uka for the heads up on this. 😀

Reply 70 of 172, by Bobbytoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Uka wrote on 2022-03-12, 06:31:

You are talking about this person? https://www.ebay.com/itm/294850959845
It would be nice to have the map scanned, but that's quite an expensive lot 🙁

Yes, that's him.

Here is his answer:
No I’m sorry but I won’t be doing that if you only want the map. I do not want to do that if you’re are not planning to buy the game. Sorry

Games used to be better!

Reply 71 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update: I have created a new release for this: https://github.com/jrdennisoss/dosboxrm/relea … /tag/2022-03-12

• "Entity" videos should now play reasonably well in the emulator.

I cleaned up and stabilized some things in the MPEG video decoder.

Sorry I think I may have misread the first part of your comment here the first time I read it as I had assumed the "Entity" video assets were doing the same B/S as some of the other ReelMagic games were. Digging into this further, I found the problem is that the MPEG assets for "Entity" do not properly declare all the A/V streams in the MPEG system headers at the beginning of the file. Video players like VLC simply ignore this and attempt to play any A/V stream(s) it finds in the file where as PL_MPEG (the library I am using for the emulator) wants all the streams declared up front. I simply modified PL_MPEG to always attempt to play both audio and video regardless of what the file has declared; basically mimicking the behavior of today's common software media players. I also had to tweak my "ES-Only" detection algorithm as this is what was forcing PL_MPEG to play the file in a bad way which was why it was actually attempting to play the video (even though PL_MPEG didn't see a video stream) causing the terrible artifacts and no sound. Things should be much better now 😀

Also, we are still getting the real PC setup, but this task is just going at a slower pace. I do want to understand why there is different behavior in the emulator and Entity as well as the other games.

Reply 72 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update: We got our real setup (Maxima) working! I had forgotten the nightmares of the past; fighting with IRQ and port conflicts.

Uka: I was also able to get sound working in the 'Video Messages' section in Entity on the real setup too... More info on this below 😀

I confirm that this is exactly what is happening on our real setup too. Looking at this in DOSBox debugger (this tool is amazing btw! 😀 ), the intro videos use MPEG audio and the 'Video Messages' section uses sound blaster PCM for audio output. Both MPEG and sound blaster audio are confirmed working on our real setup just fine in the 'Return to Zork' but not in Entity; just as you have observed.

I had to use the modified ISO to get Entity working on our real PC, but looks like that hack works great! 😀 In the latest emulator version, sound is working well for both intro and video messages parts in the game. On our real PC, only sound is in the MPEG intro videos. I suspected that just like the ReelMagic driver was not getting loaded correctly, that also maybe the sound blaster driver or something like that was not getting loaded correctly. Sure enough, when I manually loaded the "SBLASTER.COM" TSR driver from "Return to Zork" (from the "C:\RTZ-RM\DRIVERS" folder) before starting the "Entity" game, all of a sudden the 'Video Messages' sound started working.

So yeah likely there are some files missing on the Entity CD. Once I complete my current ReelMagic debugging, perhaps I can debug the "Entity" game further to see exactly what it is doing at startup, (e.g. what drivers/files is the game engine looking for), and if I can possibly re-create some of these missing programs/drivers, for a fully function ISO out of the box.

Reply 73 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-13, 00:23:

Update: I have created a new release for this: https://github.com/jrdennisoss/dosboxrm/relea … /tag/2022-03-12

• "Entity" videos should now play reasonably well in the emulator.

Awesone, thank you so much!
"Entity" now plays much better, although not exactly correctly (see below).
As for the other games, I see no changes with the new version of the emulator, except two interesting things:

A) "The Horde" does not work for me after all. Although I probably did not check it with previous versions, but the game hangs after the Chansellor intro video when pressing "New Game" in the menu. Can you and Bobbytoz please check that? Of course, that is all fine on the real machine.

B) "Flash Traffic" now has sounds! Although there are still no visuals seen at all. So maybe that also has something to do with that 'A/V streams declaring' thing?

jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-13, 00:23:

I do want to understand why there is different behavior in the emulator and Entity as well as the other games.

Here is what I see being different with "Entity" in emulator and on the old 386SX with ReelMagic Lite:

1) Videos do look much better on the old CRT monitor 😀 There are tiny little artifacts sometimes appearing in the emulator, you know. Like in "Return to Zork", "The Lord of the Rings" etc. - probably nothing could be done here? As this is a minor point anyway.

2) I have no idea why, but on the old PC I can either watch the MPEG intro (by launching FMPDRV.EXE before the game) or play the game (by starting the game without loading the driver first - I still use the un-modified ISO). After the intro (by either pressing Space or ESC or by watching it till the end) I get back to the system, not to the game menu. Probably modifing the ISO will fix it?

3) The game still freezes in the "Video Messages". And only with the MPEG mode on! If I turn it off, everything is fine. However, these video messages are not MPEG, so I do not know how it is related?

4) Now, an important thing: there are subtitles in the MPEG videos, which are shown on the real hardware but not in the emulator. Can you please check it? Probably it relates to that VGA overlay thing?

5) "Entity", like "The Horde", "The Lord of the Rings" etc., only has MPEG for intro and some other video intermissions, so it would be nice to check them all to declare the game fully supported. Other then the intro / epilogue videos, there are also some 15 "messages" MPG files. Who knows when are they shown? They are not for "Video Messages" section - maybe they are displayed after finishing levels? Although they seem to describe exactly what is shown in "Video Messages" - could it be that they are not being used at all?..
Sadly I can only play adventure games 😀 So I have completed (on the real hardware) such ReelMagic games as "Return to Zork", "The Psychotron", "Flash Traffic" etc. - but I will never be able to complete "Entity" or "The Horde"!

Attachments

Last edited by Uka on 2022-03-13, 08:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 74 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jrdennisoss wrote on 2022-03-13, 06:50:

Sure enough, when I manually loaded the "SBLASTER.COM" TSR driver from "Return to Zork" (from the "C:\RTZ-RM\DRIVERS" folder) before starting the "Entity" game, all of a sudden the 'Video Messages' sound started working.

Unfortunately that does not work for me... Probably because I still use the unmodified ISO?

Reply 75 of 172, by Bobbytoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Build 2022-03-12

no changes:

The Horde RM MPEG CD:
- It starts (GamePlay playable)
- Magical MPEG works (Rare image artifacts slip through)
- Sound artifacts appeared (Crackling, clicking)
- Exiting the game while playing a video (Intro 100%)
- After the video is black screen, you need to press the actions button to continue (Not as original)

Games used to be better!

Reply 76 of 172, by Bobbytoz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My work is completed!

Thank you all for helping me...

THE HORDE HD REMASTERED
https://youtu.be/KCjP_JWIEB4

Games used to be better!

Reply 77 of 172, by uematsufreak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm just messing around with RTZ-RM in this right now, and I'm noticing the Alexis video doesn't play when I click on her, but I do get the audio from the video stream. (Played back to Snoot's Farm twice to make sure there wasn't any weirdness in my savefile causing a "normal" glitch.) I have a real hardware playthrough of the game where they do play here: https://youtu.be/Y-emIOAQvZI?t=2408 (timestamped to Alexis, taken from a livestream so swearing warning.)

Will keep messing around to see if I find any other inconsistencies. If I have to, I'll get the box going again and check some things out against my ReelMagic Lite card. The fact that this exists at all is a dream come true. Thank you for the work going into this.

Reply 78 of 172, by Uka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
uematsufreak wrote on 2022-03-13, 23:20:

I'm noticing the Alexis video doesn't play when I click on her, but I do get the audio from the video stream.

You are right! There is only audio, but no video.
That's the same thing as with "Man Enough", where most videos are playing fine (including all the large intros), but some smaller videos (in the Gym) are not shown for some reason.

Reply 79 of 172, by jrdennisoss

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just an update: I am currently ironing out some major things the emulator is getting seriously wrong which could impact stability of the games running within. As now we have a fully working Maxima setup, it should be much quicker to compare the emulator's exact behavior with the real deal.

Uka wrote on 2022-03-13, 08:34:
Awesone, thank you so much! "Entity" now plays much better, although not exactly correctly (see below). As for the other games, […]
Show full quote

Awesone, thank you so much!
"Entity" now plays much better, although not exactly correctly (see below).
As for the other games, I see no changes with the new version of the emulator, except two interesting things:

A) "The Horde" does not work for me after all. Although I probably did not check it with previous versions, but the game hangs after the Chansellor intro video when pressing "New Game" in the menu. Can you and Bobbytoz please check that? Of course, that is all fine on the real machine.

Yeah "The Horde" has been unstable at best in my testing currently. I'm currently working on an issue (the driver -> user callback problems) that should hopefully stabilize this.

B) "Flash Traffic" now has sounds! Although there are still no visuals seen at all. So maybe that also has something to do with that 'A/V streams declaring' thing?

I think that is a combination of issues. One issue for sure being with certain files having an incomplete MPEG system header (that 'A/V streams declaring' thing 😀 ) that I just fixed in the latest release, and another one being a Z-ordering problem I just discovered today. I haven't yet tested "Flash Traffic" but is is on my list. 😀

Here is what I see being different with "Entity" in emulator and on the old 386SX with ReelMagic Lite:

1) Videos do look much better on the old CRT monitor 😀 There are tiny little artifacts sometimes appearing in the emulator, you know. Like in "Return to Zork", "The Lord of the Rings" etc. - probably nothing could be done here? As this is a minor point anyway.

If you mean the small green flashes and the odd "wrong color blocks" that happen here and there then this should be able to be fixed! I haven't yet taken the time to look into this specific issue though because this will likely take a large amount of time to debug as I will have to go very deep into the MPEG decoder to see what is causing this. If you are talking about the general "rough edges" of the blocks, then yes something can be done about this too such as an OpenGL shader to help smooth this out. The latter being what a CRT naturally corrects. For either of these fixes, they will likely come after a code rebase on to the SVN trunk as that has features that would help out for this.

2) I have no idea why, but on the old PC I can either watch the MPEG intro (by launching FMPDRV.EXE before the game) or play the game (by starting the game without loading the driver first - I still use the un-modified ISO). After the intro (by either pressing Space or ESC or by watching it till the end) I get back to the system, not to the game menu. Probably modifing the ISO will fix it?

Definitely give the modified version a try as there is a chance that could help improve things, but I am not yet 100% sure of that as I could not get the unmodified one to work at all on the Maxima here.

3) The game still freezes in the "Video Messages". And only with the MPEG mode on! If I turn it off, everything is fine. However, these video messages are not MPEG, so I do not know how it is related?

Interesting... Possibly the 'Video Messages' are intended to be MPEG and somehow its not turning on. I set the game up in French, but looking at the MPEG file, the language is English so possibly that may have something to do with it?

4) Now, an important thing: there are subtitles in the MPEG videos, which are shown on the real hardware but not in the emulator. Can you please check it? Probably it relates to that VGA overlay thing?

Yup I will take a look at this. The VGA overlay problems are directly related to the Z-ordering issue I am currently looking at.

5) "Entity", like "The Horde", "The Lord of the Rings" etc., only has MPEG for intro and some other video intermissions, so it would be nice to check them all to declare the game fully supported. Other then the intro / epilogue videos, there are also some 15 "messages" MPG files. Who knows when are they shown? They are not for "Video Messages" section - maybe they are displayed after finishing levels? Although they seem to describe exactly what is shown in "Video Messages" - could it be that they are not being used at all?..
Sadly I can only play adventure games 😀 So I have completed (on the real hardware) such ReelMagic games as "Return to Zork", "The Psychotron", "Flash Traffic" etc. - but I will never be able to complete "Entity" or "The Horde"!

I will for sure need to do a lot of re-testing for the next release as this one will have some major changes that could impact all of these mentioned games.

Unfortunately that does not work for me... Probably because I still use the unmodified ISO?

I am definitely not 100% sure that will fix it, but I do think it is worth to give it a try 😀

Bobbytoz wrote on 2022-03-13, 11:20:
Build 2022-03-12 […]
Show full quote

Build 2022-03-12

no changes:

The Horde RM MPEG CD:
- It starts (GamePlay playable)
- Magical MPEG works (Rare image artifacts slip through)
- Sound artifacts appeared (Crackling, clicking)
- Exiting the game while playing a video (Intro 100%)
- After the video is black screen, you need to press the actions button to continue (Not as original)

Thanks for testing Bobbytoz! I will also be taking a look at your project one of these days too once I get some "breathing room" 😀

uematsufreak wrote on 2022-03-13, 23:20:

I'm just messing around with RTZ-RM in this right now, and I'm noticing the Alexis video doesn't play when I click on her, but I do get the audio from the video stream. (Played back to Snoot's Farm twice to make sure there wasn't any weirdness in my savefile causing a "normal" glitch.) I have a real hardware playthrough of the game where they do play here: https://youtu.be/Y-emIOAQvZI?t=2408 (timestamped to Alexis, taken from a livestream so swearing warning.)

Will keep messing around to see if I find any other inconsistencies. If I have to, I'll get the box going again and check some things out against my ReelMagic Lite card. The fact that this exists at all is a dream come true. Thank you for the work going into this.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I am currently working on an issue that is likely the cause. Having a known point in the game (e.g. Alexis) certainly helps as I can use that while I am testing with this. 😀 Another scene that does something similar that I think may also be related is the Ferry ride on the lake.