VOGONS

First post, by blashyrkh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I´ve been using DOSBox for some time now, and decided to make translation files for it in portuguese.
So, I ask that portuguese fellows in the forum take a look at it, to find if it is worthy.

Attachments

• Filename
    DOSBox-pt-lang-063.zip
    File size
    32.63 KiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 6, by Kodachi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Excelente trabalho, rapaz! Está muito completo e preciso e passível de recomendar a instalação a pessoas que não dominem suficientemente bem o inglês, principalmente nos diferentes modos de uso e nas operações básicas para funcionar com o sistema.

On my part, it's just about ready to become the official Portuguese language pack for DOSBox. 😎

Nice work

Reply 2 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey, hello fellow Portuguese friends. I understand 90% of what you say. It's incredible how similar is Spanish to Portuguese. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 6, by blashyrkh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, that´s great to hear, though it seems that there aren´t a lot of portuguese people that use DOSBox, so maybe it is something that isn´t worth becoming and official language pack, since many people won´t use it.
Nevertheless, thanks. I much appreciate it. I´ve done it well it seems.

Hey, hello fellow Portuguese friends. I understand 90% of what you say. It's incredible how similar is Spanish to Portuguese. Cool

French, spanish, italian and portuguese have the same root, latin. So that´s normal.

Reply 4 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks. I think you misunderstood me. Of course I think it's great to have a Portuguese translation and of course it's worth the lot of hard work. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 6, by Kodachi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, if you think there are few portuguese people using DOSBox, getting some to know about your language pack may help increase popularity. Besides, that's not even true, just about every computer science student in my university knows about it and uses it regularly.

Reply 6 of 6, by brunofonseca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow, this is great ...eheh

This should be an official language pack for DosBox... thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Se achas que há poucos Portugueses a usar DosBox, estás enganado. Inclusivé é o emulador que recomendo para correr jogos de DOS na secção de clássicos do PTGamers.

É um trabalho que acredito que vai ajudar a divulgação do DosBox na comunidade lusa. Obrigado.

----------------------
Best Regards
Bruno Fonseca
www.ptgamers.com