VOGONS

First post, by andrzejlisek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Will DosBox suppport at least 15-bit color in at least 640x480 mode?
Will DosBox support higher resolutions than 800x600?

Reply 3 of 10, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The 16bit patch includes resolutions up to 800x600. The et4000 patch includes 8 bit resolutions up to 1024x768. I've made a 1280x960 for et4k but 1280x1024 doesn't work just yet and I havn't made a patch yet. Unless the 16bit handler itself limits the resolution, it should be just as easy to add higher and other 16bit resolutions like it is for 8 bit.

Reply 4 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
mr_modem wrote:

Cool patches!! Will these be implented in the next dosbox version?

Well not entirely. harekiet has been coding quite a while now on his improved vesa support which should include 16 color and 8/15/16/32 bit
color

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 10, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, so I don't need to maintain my vesa stuff anymore? Given the general emulation speed of Schleichfahrt, which was my only reason for that, I can happily wait for a different implementation. Feel free to close/delete/whatever the patch on sourceforge if you like.

Reply 7 of 10, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Moe well just wait till harekiet commits his stuff which I expect won't be long.
I haven't seen the code of him only discussed it when the last time I met him

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 10, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'll leave it up to you to remove the patch when it's no longer neccessary. And of course you'll hear from me when the unthinkable happens and my favourite action shooter no longer works - so be sure to do it right, or I'll slap you with a patch 😉

Reply 9 of 10, by Floriel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Moe: "Given the general emulation speed of Schleichfahrt, which was my only reason for that..."

Well, Schleichfahrt is the reason why im searching in this forum. Can anybody tell me, how to get it to work? I always get an error prompt: "ERROR: vesa graphic mode 640x480x64k not supported"

Reply 10 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That color mode isn't support in nomral DosBox CVS. It might be in one of the unofficial builds in my signature.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline