VOGONS

First post, by BadLife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know how to check out a copy of the source and I can complie the stuff from http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl/dosboxcvs.tgz as it already has the make files and configure ect. Now with the source from the CVS tree how do I get the autogen.sh to work under MinGW the files are in /mingw/local/bin but they appear to be Perl scripts. I have not been able to get the Perl source to compile under MinGW and have not seen a binary for MinGW. Will the binary for Windows work? Any other hints for tips 😊

Reply 1 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you need to install msys as well. From http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435 you need to download MSYS-1.0.11-2004.04.30-1.exe (from the snapshot dir) and msysDTK-1.0.1.exe. When you have that set up you should also get SDL 1.2.8, apply the patch for it that is around here and then compile that as well.

Reply 2 of 10, by BadLife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well that helped some as I already had MSYS. I had downloaded the msysDTK file but had not installed it. I just got the release version of MSYS do I need the snapshot version? And what is the patch for SLD that you mentioned?

Reply 3 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

yes, definitely go with the snapshot version and you need to install the dtk but install in this order: dtk and then the snapshot.
The SDL patch is here somewhere 😀 got to find it as well again...

Reply 4 of 10, by BadLife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any clues on what would cause this?

$ ./autogen.sh
Generating build information using aclocal, autoheader, automake and autoconf
This may take a while ...
Can't locate Automake/Config.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/automake-1.8 /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /mingw/bin/aclocal line 36.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mingw/bin/aclocal line 36.
Can't locate Autom4te/ChannelDefs.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/autoconf /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /mingw/bin/autoheader line 42.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mingw/bin/autoheader line 42.
Can't locate Automake/Struct.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/automake-1.8 /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/msys /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /mingw/bin/automake line 47.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /mingw/bin/automake line 47.
configure.in:11: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:12: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
configure.in:24: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_SDL
configure.in:72: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_ALSA

Reply 5 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

from the download link, download from the current -msys section those autoconf, automake, libtool and install those as well.
Sorry, but I do throw that stuff in there automatically now when I restup my msys environment, so i tend to forget to mention this 😀

Reply 7 of 10, by BadLife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😢 Well it does not work now. I was sure it worked before 😒 Now its FOOBAR 😜 I am going to delete everything and try again form the top. 😵 Same thing happend at work today but that I was able to see what happend, in this case I did not mess with anything and it just broke on its own which is of course impossiable 😮