DOSBox SVN Builds

Topic actions

Reply 220 of 294, by Ant_222

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Yesterplay80 wrote:

And configuring DOSBox doesn't get easier as well, so convenience would suffer more and more the more patches I'd add.

I fear it is my patch that adds most of the new settings, and I don't see how to reduce them while keeping the functionality. My current approach is to have good defaults, but other suggestions are welcome.

Reply 221 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ant_222 wrote:

I fear it is my patch that adds most of the new settings, and I don't see how to reduce them while keeping the functionality. My current approach is to have good defaults, but other suggestions are welcome.

Actually it's the new MIDI options for MT32 and Fluidsynth that add the most new entries to the conf file, so don't worry! 😁

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 223 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AFigureInBlack wrote:

Hello
Any chance for a patch that will allow us poor gameplayers to be able to record midi sounds embedded in the .avi file instead of creating a separate .mid file? Thanx

The MT32 emu does exactly that, all midi you record using the mt32 midi device in DOSBox will be recorded in the avi. Too bad it doesn't work with FluidSynth that way...

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 225 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Don't look for savestates with ECE build. The ECE has a few patches for increased accuracy and Munt, but savestates is not needed for most game play and adds nothing to accuracy. Every frivolous patch can introduce problems.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 226 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I already looked a bit into the possibility of including savestates, but the patches available are either for an 5 year old SVN or for DOSBox Daum, both of which can't be used directly for a current SVN. Especially when it comes th a modified one like ECE. So, as collector already said: Don't hold your breath for it!

Reply 228 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KainXVIII wrote:

What about Vsync patch from Daum build?

Most liekly not, those vsync patches seem to make a lot of changes to the file sdlmain.cpp, which already hat quite some changes thanks to some patches I already integrated into ECE. So to make all those work together, coding skills would be required. And I'm afraid I'm lacking those. 😢

Reply 229 of 294, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Yesterplay80 wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

What about Vsync patch from Daum build?

Most liekly not, those vsync patches seem to make a lot of changes to the file sdlmain.cpp, which already hat quite some changes thanks to some patches I already integrated into ECE. So to make all those work together, coding skills would be required. And I'm afraid I'm lacking those. 😢

Thanks for answer =)

Reply 231 of 294, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
filipetolhuizen wrote:

How about memsize128?

Why? What DOS game would possibly need that much?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 234 of 294, by Great Dragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
James-F wrote:

Fantastic! Thank you very much Yesterplay80.
Clearly, the ECE edition is the new Daum replacement.

I wouldn't say like this until it will start support pixel shaders. Like Daum does.
Personally it's the only reason why I prefer Daum build over official.

Reply 235 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I hope that some cleans this thread up at some point...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 236 of 294, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
collector wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:

How about memsize128?

Why? What DOS game would possibly need that much?

Blood 3dfx version. It eats a lot (64MB or more) and leaks here and there, so it's better to have some spare left.

Reply 237 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Great Dragon wrote:

I wouldn't say like this until it will start support pixel shaders. Like Daum does.
Personally it's the only reason why I prefer Daum build over official.

Have a look in my signature, I compiled a version using the GLSL shader support. Comes without Voodoo emulation and pixel perfect scaling support, since those patches won't work together.

Reply 238 of 294, by Great Dragon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with a shader enabled.
Simple put options from the example in corresponding thread doesn't take any effect.

Here is my config example:
[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=true
fullresolution=desktop
windowresolution=original
output=openglnb
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
glshader=CRT-interlaced
usescancodes=false
overscan=0

[render]
aspect=true
autofit=true

Reply 239 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Great Dragon wrote:

Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with a shader enabled.
Simple put options from the example in corresponding thread doesn't take any effect.

The folder "glshaders" must be in the same directory as the conf file.